2nd Grow 2 Plants

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bumdrizzle, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Starting my second grow. Two unknown bag-seeds from some dank I smoked a few weeks back. Starting in 4" planters filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest straight from the bag. Seeds were planted yesterday approx. 1/2" deep and watered with a very diluted molasses/water, and then covered lightly with another 1/2" of soil to fill planters to brim. Seeds each had a tap root about 1/2cm long when planted. Will be started under one 23w 6500k CFL with reflector and covered with clear domes to keep humidity up. Also raised about a foot off the floor to help keep temp up. Oh yeah, biggest change this grow is these ladies (finger's crossed) will be grown 12/12 the whole way through:eek: Anyway as always I will keep you fully posted on this one GC with daily updates.

Attached Files:

2. So just wanted to lay down some of my thoughts and plans for this go around. Once plants sprout they will each get their own dual 23w 6500K Daylight CFL with white dome reflector setup and will grow under that until ready for transplant. At this point plants will be transplanted into a single rectangular planter, one at each end opposite corners. Lights will be upgraded to 6x23w 2700K Soft White CFL's and 2x23w 6500K Daylight CFL's. Plan is to lst plants straight down the length of the planter and then to top at the end. Will probably wait until sex shows to transplant seeing as this plan will only work if I have two females, however I figure they should show fairly early being grown all the way through on 12/12. As far as nutes go they will be getting molasses the whole way through every other watering, and won't get anything else for the first 3-4 weeks seeing as the FFOF has all the nutes they need till that point. Not really sure where I want to go after that but am pretty set on the molasses and will probably implement some bat guano somewhere along the way. Keep in mind this is all just speculation but please do let me know what you think. :smoke:

Attached Files:

3. Nice to see it up and running. 12/12 will be cool to watch being I have been looking at a small nightstand in my shop for a 12/12 bag seed grow. Subbed friend.

4. Yeah have seen a few logs with great results from 12/12 all the way through and plus the energy savings is nice. I really want to invest in a 2'x4'x6' tent and 4' 6bulb T5 fixture. Think this would be just right for two plants with lst. We will see what the future holds I suppose.

5. Well nothing sprouted yet so really nothing to update with today. Previous harvest is drying up nicely and the early stuff is still keeping me blitzed.

6. Day 4 since planting and still no sign of sprouts yet. Probably should have let them germ a little longer seeing as they only each just barely had the taproot coming out, but whatever we will see what happens.

7. My BH took like 5 days to pop through. I took a tooth pic and gently moved the soil back to make sure it was alive an it was. 3 days later it broke ground

8. Yeah still no sign today but I figure they have no where else to go besides up and out.

9. Ya that's true. When mine took 5 days I did some research and found some can take 10 or more days to sprout out of soil. Also that's where it said to gently take a look just to be sure it's alive and your not waiting on a dear sprout. Ya just kick back and I'm sure in a couple more days or so she will peek out. Do you have it under light?

10. Well nothing to report for thanksgiving, but did come home today to find my lady in the white pot sprouted up :D

Attached Files:

11. Nice, congratz bro!

12. Not going to bother with pics today, seedling has opened up and should start growing first leaves real quick and second one still hasn't sprouted.

13. So second seed is a dud for sure. :( However the one that did sprout is blowing up even on 12/12. She sprouted on 11-25 and was water with a solution of 1/4tsp molasses per gallon water on 11-30. Here is how she is looking now. :hello:

Attached Files: