2nd grow, 1st journal, 1st post, 2x 33w cfl's, 1x 26w, 1x 23w, Fishtank

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Thelegend1028, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hey there Gc this is my second grow im attemping. The first attempt went beautifully until an unfortunate power outtage in my building due to the incompitance on ConEd. The power in the building was out for 2 weeks and went out just as i was just triggering flowering. Putting the plants in the sun in the backyard was also not an option cause of my nosey neighbors. The Plants were approaching three foot and it was all done in organic soil in ny closet under halogen lights(knowing now that was retarded and stretched my plants like a mofo). It was all done without nutes also. So basically the ConEd company raped me and my plants. So now i moved and decided it was time to start the old setup. Mind you ive only been using bagseed and my current setup is is also bagseed. So i got a 30gallon fish tank and lined the walls using tin foil i know its not the best but its cheap and at every store. Im using some random soil and 3 gallon pots. Im using 2 33w cfls and 1 26w and 1 23w. There still at the seedling step. This all kinda started spur of the moment. I germinated soms seeds and threw three in a pot and 1 in a peat moss pot. There coming along great. I wrote this all on my ipod and ill be posting pictures later today.

2. Any advice on a light setup would be great

3. #3 Wardrobe, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    Two weeks without power? I'd wanna kill someone.

1. Get rid of that tinfoil and buy some flat, white paint. Far better.

2. Throw that 'random soil' to the shithouse and get something decent. I believe that Fox Farm makes pretty good shit. Personally, I grow in coco so that's what I recommend.

3. You have enough lights for now, but will need to go up to at least 250W for good results, especially during flowering. Also, I think you'll be lucky to fit three decent plants in that 30 gallon tank. I can't picture it - what are the dimensions? (N.B. You'll need some form of ventilation/cooling, too.)

4. Do LOTS of reading on this site.

And - pics please...

4. Yea it was the worst i had to watch them fall over and rot away the guy nxt door was a total scumbag but w.e. Im going to post pictures later i gotta do it from a computer and yea the ventalation is kinda weird with the tank but i got it at a steady 79-81. The humidity is whats gonna be confusing. And im planning to get 3 or 4 42w cfls 2700k. Can i use those for my veg on my nxt crop considering all goes well?? And any insight into a solid way to setup a fixture? I've also been reading info all Over the web im aware of all the little details that factor in. This is more of test run to get my system at top performance and get some quality experience. After these babies im gonna invest in some lowryder seeds and maybe even a 150w or 250w hps depending how i like the results from the cfls. Im only planing to make small harvests of 2 or 3 plants. Im gonna look into foxfarm soil but i gotta stick witb the tin foil unless i got some mylar cause i cant paint the tank cause im probally gonna use it down the road in a hydro setup. Im gonna post those pics asap stay tuned i can use the critisism.