2nd closet grow attempt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indobud1212, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hello GC,

Hope everyones feeling nice and hie.... Ive been reading hard core on GC Forums about everything from A-Z lol.
    Ive been def. finding some good help along the way. Best of all im improving my grow areas slowly and using very
    little money. GREAT... especially since im runnig low... I picked up a Coleman Emergency Blanket for about $4.20
    total with tax :) Its 53 inches by like 82 inches and reflects great!! Better then how my closet was before. So
    glad for all the advice coming in from GC. At the moment the Temp. reading is 68/79 and Humidity reading is 38/47.
    Adding the Coleman Emergency blanket has added about 3 degress of temp. I also added some more soil in hopes the
    leaf issue stops. My next step is to get the PH tap water tester. At the moment what i do is i have about 4- 2 liter
    cans filled with water and i let them sit for about 4 days or more before i use for plant. Well here are some pics :)
    Enjoy!!!...

Attached Files:

2. Cool, I'm pulling up a recliner. I started my first grow on aug.17th so close to you. I let flipped the switch when the tallest was 22" and the shortest was 12". I vegged shorter than you flipped on 10-1-10. 30 days into bud I am a little ahead of you but I have a 70-80 day bud cycle. The plant is looking good, just make sure to keep up on the ph. Its important. How many days into budding are you? Looks like about two weeks or so I would guess. Good luck, I love watching grows that are close in time frame to mine.

3. Definitely too much water. Personally I go about 8 cups every 4 days. I have ffof and 5 gallons though. For a three gallon I would be thinking about 5-10 cups every 3-4 days. I watch the fan leaves. I mainley use the finger method but if the fan leaves are standing tall then you are usually good. When needing water the fan leaves will start to droop. You definitely need water at that point.

4. yes you are overwatering. But its because you have NO DRAINAGE!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

you need to cut/drill atleast 4 or 5 drain holes in your pot. I water 2 cups a day for my flowering girls that have fatty buds and are coming up on their 6th week and they are 3 feet tall. they need a lot of water. I would definatly cut back a little and do the finger in the ground test.

5. Hey Imalittleteapot,

I def. agree with you about the no drainage part. Im wondering how to make a drainage hole now that the plants living in it... Only thing is transplant i guess? Im going to see whats up and thanks for the help bud. I will def. keep a eye out on the watering and feel of soil.

6. Hey abrahamx,

How is it going man? Thanks for the input man and i will def take a look at your grow. My female is about 3 weeks into maybe 2 and half or so. Only issue right now is that stress marks im tring to get taken care of. I will keep ya posted.

7. take a razor blade to the bottom of the pot. just make it so the water can flow through. I cut the bottom edges of my cups when i first planted my seeds. You can do that or just cut little holes in the bottom/side of pot.

8. #48 abrahamx, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2010
    drill som 1/4 to 1/8 inch holes in the side about a half or three quarters of an inch up from the bottom. And or pick up the pot and drill some in the bottom as well.

9. Thanks man will do. Lil scared because my plants in it but will try lol....

10. Hello GC,

Just wanted to spot in with a question. Today I took a cutting off the lowest section with a small bud that was not getiing enough light. My lady is 2 week and 2 days into 12/12. Will my cutting harm her in any way shape or fashion?? I pray not ugg :( but I had to at least try. She is my best bean rest are street mid. The other downfall is I don't even have rooting gel cus I'm so broke. I read a lot and only saw one statement saying it was possible to root in water. So I hope it works. I placed the cutty in a liter I slit in half then place lid on. Think I read clones need more humidity to promote rooting. Have a great one budz :)

11. Bad time to take a cutting , for the cutting, but the plant will not even miss a beat most likely. Water will work but since the plant is not in a vegative stage it may have a rough or rougher time rooting. Its not out of the question though that you will be fine with the clone. Let us know either way.

12. Hello and thanks for the support. I'm sad I waited so long and that now that I know she's female it might be too late and am still unprepared with rooting gel and rockwool. Hoping for the best. Since I saw they normally are placed in germ. tray and covered with lid. I placed in a 2 liter bottle split in the middle and some water inside and placed potential clone inside and closed it up. I will post a pic as soon as I can. If she roots it would be great because now I know take cuttings from her at vegetative stage!!

13. you can do it without the rooting gell but the conditions need to be good.

the 2 liter thing is a good idea for keeping the humidity up
    post a pic of your clone.

make sure the rockwool is always moist but not watter logged. You dont want it to dry up but you also want the stem to be able to get oxygen. also trim it down so there are only a few leaf sets. Also cut the leaves in half so the plant spends more energy making roots. 80* and 100% humidity is optimum.

14. The other issue is its not in rockwool. The tip is in about 2 inches of water :( your making me worr :( and ugg my humidity is def not near 100% more like 40 :( :(

15. if it is inside the 2 liter and there is moister condensing on the inside of the bottle then its at or near 100% so if the room RH% is only 40 then its fine as long as you have your "dome" closed.

it will die if its submerged in water with no oxygen. You need to get it into rockwool or a jiffy cube or something so it can get the moister and oxygen it needs to root.

16. Hello, regarding the RH its 40% and inside the 2liter I see water dripping of wall. Condensation. About the clone being in water do you think I cou diy lmao put in a sponge lol. Lmao :) because I would have to order it via www site.

17. i have no idea if a sponge will work. I have only ever used rockwool and a humidity dome.

but you have the right idea. If your resources are limited then its time to hit the books and find a way to make it work. get creative.

off the top of my head im wondering if it will root in soil? or some sort of soilless medium like hydrotron or rocks, pearlite, peatmoss, etc.

also since there IS condensation on the inside of the bottle you dont have to worry about the humidity. its where it needs to be.