2nd closet grow attempt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Indobud1212, Oct 4, 2010.

1. #1 Indobud1212, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    Hello all,

Well this is now my second attempt at indoor lifestyle. My first attempt just made it to about 2ft mark before I found out it was a male so I recently destroyed it uggg. Well being a new grower I only germinated 2 seeds one now dead and a supposed white widow seed. Currently I have the widow about 1ft tall under 300watt CFL with ballast and a 150watt CFL with ballast aimed at side inside a closet with 2 sliding doors. So far she has made it about to the 1ft mark but not without fighting. It has been stressed on at least 2 occasion, once during transplant and once when damn ballast fell and almost killed it. It currently has some stressed yellow dryed leafs and I haven't spoted any new one's. I'm hoping this isn't no male also lol. I will upload some pics asap. Any comments, ideas or suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,

Indobud1212:D

2. #2 Indobud1212, Oct 4, 2010
    Hello all,

Well so far the shes looking healthy besides for part of some leafs that got stressed i believe. Here are some pics of the plant and the home made growbox in progress. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Indobud1212:smoking:

Attached Files:

• 118.JPG
      118.JPG
      File size:
      299.6 KB
      Views:
    • 119.JPG
      119.JPG
      File size:
      186.5 KB
      Views:
    • 121.JPG
      121.JPG
      File size:
      285.7 KB
      Views:
  3. #3 Indobud1212, Oct 13, 2010
    Hello GC,

Just wanted to spot by and feed my addiction. Well as an update to the journal Widow is doing nice I'd say. I've made some minor tweaks here and there. I've added a extra 75 watt CFL with ballast so recap now is 1x 300 watt CFL with ballast and 1x 150 watt CFL with ballast and the 75. All 3 suspended on chains above. Other then that I've placed the fan I removed from microwave inside to move some air.

Progress wise she's doing great by what I can tell but I am new. She's green lol, tall and is currently about 1ft 6inches. At the moment she's in a 3 gallon container. She's sucking up water major I'm noticing the soil is dry every day so I water about 2 cups I'd say. Other then that not much has changed I still can't tell sex. I will post new pics in hopes we have any guessers.

4. #4 Indobud1212, Oct 13, 2010
    Hello GC,

Time for a update. The supposed Widow is coming along. Nice tall and leafy. Growing about 2 inches per day. Today i noticed that some of the top leafs near are semi like turning in like a twisting action. Not sure if thats good or bad so will try to update with pics. These are some fresh pics. Can anyone tell sex yet? Man im hoping female or this will be another fail. If this does not work i my next trial will be what they call "Sea of green". and germinate like 5 in one smack in hopes one will be female LOL..... Well let enjoy.:cool:

Attached Files:

5. #5 Indobud1212, Oct 14, 2010
    Hello GC,

Well its time for a update on the growth of the Widow. Well 2 horrible things happened in one damn day ugg... First to start off i went up to the G.room and noticed the ballast almost resting on a leaf!! By the time i noticed it had already burn some of it. I will post up some pics. Also later on that day or so i woke up around 4am and noticed the damn lights still on WTF!!! Some how the damn timer didnt go off. My digital timer is plugged into a extenstion cord ( one that has like 8 sockets) and since the timer has only one socket i plug a 3 socket extension cord to it and that way all 3 lights get turned off. Does anyone have any suggestion as of why timer didnt go off or what i can do to stop this from ever occuring. Im hoping this will not effect the SEX, growth or yield.

Other then that the supposed Widow seems to being doing ok. Well up untill i burned the damn leaf. This 2nd growth attempt so far def looks more leafy way more thick big fan leafs. Im so hoping its a girl. I will be so depressed if not lol. Well i will include some new pics of the damage and growth. If anyone has any guess's on sex please let me know lol.....:hello:

Attached Files:

• Burn.JPG
      Burn.JPG
      File size:
      157.6 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      365.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      284.4 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      270.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Looking good! When did you plant her?

7. #7 Indobud1212, Oct 14, 2010

Hey Mister B,
    How's it going? She does look ok huh besides the burn and 2 lil stressed leafs. She started vegetative stage some where around August 20th. I'm thinking of inducing labor today lmao but still don't have my cabinet done and carbon scrubber ready. Well ill touch base soon.

8. #8 Indobud1212, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    Hello GC,

So far so good. The Widows looking good. Nice and healthy. Roughly 2ft tall. I have decided to throw it into 12/12 today. I currently see like 1 pistil looking like thing in the middle of almost every node and currently its 2ft. By this time with my 1st grow i had thrown it into 12/12 at about 1ft tall and about 2 weeks into 12/12 started seeing balls. uggg.... so fingers crossed. Well timer is set to 12/12 will keep ya posted.

Attached Files:

• mof1.JPG
      mof1.JPG
      File size:
      331.7 KB
      Views:
    • 034.JPG
      034.JPG
      File size:
      335.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Hello GC,

well we going on day 3 of 12/12. Currently i still cant tell if male or female but fingers crossed in hopes
    of female. By time point my 1st grow had confirmed its death (male), so far i only see like 1 pistil in between
    the internode. I have been reading up and believe per fan leafs that this plant is indica strain but who knows lol.
    I also read that i shouldnt induce 12/12 flowering untill i see signs of preflowering. Im hoping this isnt the
    reason my 1st project went male. Here are some close ups of her. Also im wondering how good or if any flowering
    will come with the use of the CFL's i have. I dont have any HPS lights so will see :( Here are some close ups

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      280.2 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      313.9 KB
      Views:
    • mf2.JPG
      mf2.JPG
      File size:
      309 KB
      Views:
    • mf3.JPG
      mf3.JPG
      File size:
      263.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Hello GC,

Had some time on my hand so decided to update the journal with what little progress i see.
    At this moment its been about one full week of 12/12 and so far i dont see any nut sacks.
    I have see one pistil between about each node and between nodes near what i think are the
    flowering sites. Im so impatient to find out wether is male or female but all signs are
    pointing towards female.

11. Hello GC,

Its update time and time to add some pictures. Just today i discovered what appears to be hairs and a V shaped pistol. Shes getting really tall almost 2ft and 1/2. and a little wider then the 3 gallon pot she is in. I will upload these pics and hopes someone can give me confirmation on if its a female. Enjoy. Comments welcomed.

Attached Files:

• 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      280.2 KB
      Views:
    • 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      265.7 KB
      Views:
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      269 KB
      Views:
  12. Hi Indo. I'm by no means an expert but after recently going through this exact stage, the second pic sure looks female to me. Congrats.

13. Hey Impact,

Thanks for the response. Im glad to hear your opinion is going the way i want it to lmao.... :) This is my second attempt and i would hate it to be another male or hermie. Im going to try super hard to come up with a way for more lights for side. Maybe use CFLS like i see in DIY's. Im tring to find out what nute or fertilizer to use. Will keep journal update probably in the next week . Will have nice pics.

14. Dr. I think we have a little girl here. :p Now with a little TLC you will have a successful grow and some sayweeeet bud. Hang in there and don't over think it. :D Im finishing up a grow this week, check out my journal below, might be some helpful tips. Have a good day. :wave:

Stepdude420

15. Sup Stepdude420,

Thank you for your input bud. I keep starring at it lol and I'm fairly 100% sure its femal. I am def. seeing what more milky hairs and I def know what nuts sacks look like per my 1st grow so I'm super excited man. I'm wondering when ill start to see nugs lmao. Even iff I do get a weak yield I'm hoping I can clone a couple since it is female. Plus dude who gave me seed said its either white widow or a good strain. Anything better then this pop mid grade 3g for 20 buck shit.

16. Indo, a couple of notes that may help.

In regards to your CFLs, I would ditch the shields immediately. The CFLs need to be hung parallel to the plants. So the plants are getting light from the sides of the bulbs vs. the end. You can also pick up a few of these Y splitters as seen in this pic. It will allow multiple bulbs from one socket. There is a T that will allow three bulbs but I couldn't find one at Lowe's or Home Depot and honestly three would make me a little leary of overloading the socket.

[​IMG]

As far as nutes and soil, you can't go wrong with Fox Farms IMO. I used Fox Farms Ocean Fresh for soil with a 75/25 perilite mix. Nutes also from Fox Farms. At your stage your looking at Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. Off the top of my head, that's 3 tsp and 2 tsp per gallon respectively. Here the BB was $15 and TB was $18, not too bad. Looks like you are doing great so far. Good luck. :smoke:

17. Hello Impact,

Good looken with all the information. Those pic. are exactly the way I want to set some lights up, I'm going to try to get the Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom and Y splitters. Thanks.

18. No problem. :smoke:

For comparison, when I ended my grow I had five of those double Y's, so 10 6500k 100 watt and 1 2600k 250 watt monster in a 2x2 space. :D

Here's some information about the nutes...

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

You are on week 5 on that chart. 1/2 the recommended dosage to begin. It's pretty much agreed the liquid/concentrates are quality products. TB, BB and Grow Big. You can start a pretty healthy thread if you start arguing if the solubles are worth a shit. :D

19. Hey is it. A actual 100 watt CFL or equal to 100 watt incandecent or what ever it is same for the monster. Cus I have a monster 65 watt CFL that equals 300 watt.

20. Hey is it. A actual 100 watt CFL or equal to 100 watt incandecent or what ever it is same for the monster. Cus I have a monster 65 watt CFL that equals 300 watt. Hope I make sense.