2600 dollars indoor

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deleted member 979967, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Say if space was no issues and you had 2600$ for equipment how many plants could you grow ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 1000 outdoor. I'd rather buy a pound of the good good.

3. I meant indoors lmao

4. The space you actually need is determined by the lighting you have for flower, it's strength and how much or many you have. Lighting is the most important component of an indoor grow if you want to get the most bang for your buck, and lighting is always your biggest expense. We run 1000 watt HPS fixtures and I flower 2 plants under each. We get between 3.5 and 4 oz per plant most of the time after harvest and cure on a 10 week flowering cycle. You can throw down $2,600 in a heartbeat when talking lighting but getting it right is the only way you'll ever get these plants to produce anything when grown inside as compared to a plant grown outside with the sun as the light source. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 chiefton8, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Depends on your space...and if you need to do any renovations to the space (electrical, ventilation, etc).

I recently spent about $2k creating a room in the back of my garage with electrical, heat, insulation, venting, thermostats, etc to accommodate a 4x4 tent with 600w air cooled hood setup. My goal is 4 plants with a 10+oz total yield. I'm a hobby grower so one grow per year is perfect. The next few years' of growing should cost almost nothing comparatively.

The reality is...$$ neither determines nor guarantees any results...it's how you grow the plants. Money provides you the means for your ideal setup, but if you don't already have in your mind what the ideal set up is, an infinite amount of money won't grow you anything. ;)

6. #6 janemba, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    2600 can stretch if you go bare bones you could do a 4 light room, if you buy everything used. Or could get a nice 1-2 light set up. I dropped 20k on a 4 light room years ago.
    Construction on a 10x10 room will run you $500-1000.
    You can spend $100-400 on a single 1000 watt. I dropped $1400 on 1, 400 watt led.
    Ac is $1000-2000
    One run of nutrients for 4 lights will cost around $500.
    I'm in about 8k on my room right now.

Listen to what everyone is saying. It's not all about plant count, lighting is the most important thing in a garden. You can pull the same weight with 1 plant under 1000 watt, as you can with 10 plants under a 1000 watt. The concerning factor would be time in veg.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Well it's going to be a house with no one living in it so it's gonna have insulation but I'm probably gonna do 2x2x2m tents in every room ?
    Or could I turn the room into a cannabis grow without a tent so I. An use the whole room ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forget the tents bro. You need to think bigger. Are you renting? Are you in a legal state?

9. Renting and in the U.K. Pal

10. #10 maryftwjane, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Buy two 5x5x6.5 grow tents - $260 (10%)

Buy two 1000 watt hps & mh lights
    - $520 (20%)

Buy two inline exhaust fans and duct work. Also buy 2 stand up fans, and carbon filters.
    - $520 (20%)

Buy feminized seed online from seed banks like Nirvana. 20 seeds should be good for planting 12 total. You can get 4 different strains too by buying 20.
    - $260 (10%)

Humidifier and dehumidifier, depending where you live, what month, etc.
    - $260 (10%)

Soil, nutrients, ph tester, ph up and down, ppm reader, Twelve 4-5 gallon buckets, temp and humidity gauges. Timers for lights. Magnifier x60 or more. Dry rack. Curing jars. The list goes on and on.
    - $520 (20%)

The final $260 (10%) of your funds can be used for electricity and any unexpected expenses.

12 plants at 6-8 oz each maybe?

5lbs would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Damn man I'm going to screenshot that maybe gonna do it lmao

12. This is actually a pretty rock solid plan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah but in a tent that size you need more than 1,1000w led

• Like Like x 1
  14. Also true.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maybe you could move some expenses around or even use that final $260 for some additional lighting.

16. 260 is spare read the last part

17. Ok. That's fair. How about the humidity control? That was a proposed $260 for a humidifier and dehumidifier. Is that something you need for sure? I know it's pretty soggy over there across the pond. This colonial cousin lives in a dry place so humidity isn't an issue.

18. I don't have one but I think you can get them both for 80

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/u

19. Never mentioned leds, and hids upfront cost is far lower

20. I love that I get more with simple MarsHydro 300's than you do with 1,000w HPS.

• Like Like x 1