26 Hours of Darkness

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedict, Feb 15, 2012.

1. I'm in flowering and wanting to switch my times around. Currently running 7am on to 7pm off. I want to be 9 pm on 9 am off. So I thought at lights off (7pm) i could leave the lights off until 9 pm the next day(a full 26 hours off). Then resume 12/12. Has this been done before? Is it ok? Will it negatively effect? Any effect? lmk, ty in advance

2. Hey Weedict, Do it in a few incriments. Even just a couple hours a day. best bet,
    If you need it in one day then shut light off 2 hours till 9 pm, then start your new 12/12. You won't notice anything good or bad either way. Peace

3. Small light changes like this that only happen once shouldn't cause a ton of stress. If it happens over and over, it'll probably cause problems.

Personally, I feel like leaving the lights on longer would be a better option. I could be completely wrong, but that's just what I'd do.

Good luck!

4. Your plant recognizes 12+/- hours of darkness as "time to flower". You are creating a artificial environment and your plants respond to it. They aren't capable of logical thought of deduction. Environments and light sources aren't exactly consistent in nature. Consistent light leaks in a controlled environment are problems only because they are interrupting the 12 hours of consecutive darkness. The plants don't care at all how many hours of light they get. That's why you can veg anywhere 16-24 hours a day. The plant doesn't know what time of day it is outside or how long the lights have been out. Just switch it.