250w HPS Cooltube - DNA Genetics & Reserva Privada Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RooRgle, Sep 13, 2012.

1. DNA Genetics & Reserva Privada Grow Journal

SET-UP
    2'x2'x4.5' Grow Tent
    200 cfm exhaust fan
    4" insulated ducting
    Fan speed controller
    Phresh Carbon Filter
    2x 2 gal smart pots
    2x 5 gal smart pots (we'll c what can fit in my tent)

NUTES/SOIL/MISC
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
    Fox Farms Happy Frog mixed
    Fox Farm Trio
    Cal Mag
    Neptune's Harvest Organic Fish and Seaweed Blend Fertilizer
    Dutch Masters Liquid Light/Penetrator
    Black Strap Molasses
    Birth Control (read my previous journal if you wanna know why I use it)
    Purple Max and Gravity by Humboldt Country

LIGHTING
    250w HPS/MH w/digital dimmable ballast 150w-250w super lumens
    Turned on at 'Super Lumens'
    Will add some supplemental CFL lighting later on

This grow I haven't quite figured out, I'm kind of wingin' it. I have 3 auto's flowering in my tent as we speak. Two will be chopped by the weekend, the third has another 3-4 weeks on 20/4 light schedule, I want to veg these seedlings for at least 6 weeks. I plan on topping and keeping these plants very bushy. Okay blades, stay tuned :D

:bongin:

2. Here are my fem seeds germmin'. For those interested I use the paper towel method..I get two plates, rip off two paper towel sheets, and label with permanent maker so ink doesn't bleed into my little seeds. I spray over the seeds generously with tap water, I spray the seeds and bottom paper towel sheet, then I cover the seeds up with the other paper towel sheet and press gently..then spray some more. I put 1 tsp of Neptune's Harvest Organic Fish and Seaweed Blend Fertilizer 2-3-1 in my water (first time using the stuff) after reading the back of the bottle, said I could use it to germ. So I did, my seeds had all popped within 3 hours, never had this type of reaction before, haven't done ANYTHING different but adding this stuff, smelt like dead fish when I looked at the seeds, gross, but worth it :D

Sorry for rambling, I've smoked. But to the important stuff, I am growing....

DNA Genetics LA Confidential
    Reserva Privada Purple Wreck
    Reserva Privada Kosher Kush
    Reserva Privada Kandy Kush

Seeds were planted in labeled solo cups this afternoon...:smoke:

Attached Files:

3. I will stay tuned!

4. Welcome aboard man, the seedlings have all popped, so hopefully you can stay awhile! :wave:

5. Will keep watching thanks

6. We have lift off :yay:

All the seeds have popped and sprouted, lets start this grow meow :bongin:

*First Picture is Kosher Kush in the front, Kandy Kush behind it
    *Second Picture is Purple Wreck up front LA in the back

Attached Files:

7. i have a purple wreck bean im going to run next. so this will be good to watch! keep it up

8. Thanks man welcome aboard, I'll update pics in a bit, things are starting to look really nice! :wave:

9. Up in it for this one, definitely gonna learn something.

10. Glad to have you sub'd man! :smoke:

11. Look forward to the updates man!

12. When I get off work I'll take pics and update, they will be in solo cups probably another week or so, but they look good! :wave:

13. #13 RooRgle, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    Update!!

Sorry I haven't been awesome about updating. It's been a busy few weeks with harvesting three plants from my last grow and still taking care of one!! Well here are my plants in veg!!

It's been 11 days since they were planted in 50% peat moss 50% fox farms ocean forrest. Doing well, I water every day or so, they dry up fast. On a 20 hour on 4 hour off light cycle with my Blue Mammoth Auto, which is on day 71 or so since seed. :rolleyes:

Any questions, just ask!! Later blades!

Pic 1 - in the back left we have Purple Wreck (could be the urkel pheno, seems slow growing but I'm not sure, I see purple coming from under the leaves and tiny bit from the top), next to it is Kandy Kush.
    In the front left we have Kosher Kush and next to it with the two long ass leaves across from each other is the LA Confidential!! :D

Attached Files:

14. What plant is the one flowering? ^^

15. It's Barneys Farm Blue Mammoth Autoflower CheesexSkunk cross, reeks of blueberries and lemon...check my sig below, it's the grow right below this one! :wave:

16. #16 RooRgle, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    DAY 13

Just wanted to update with a few more pics. I won't transplant them for another week or so, Two or three of my plants will flower in 2 gallon smart pots, and one or two plants will flower in 5 gallon smart pots, need to see how much space I have before I can decide final pot size.

Okay blades, any questions just ask :wave:

Pic 1 & 2
    First Row starting from the left - Kandy Kush - Purple Wreck
    Back Row starting from the left - LA Confidential - Kosher Kush

Attached Files:

17. DAY 15

They've gotten bigger...:D

I will be transplanting into 1 gallon pots soon for two weeks or so, then into 2 gallon pots for two weeks or so, and either finish them all in 3 gallon pots, or something...I honestly haven't even decided what I should do, or what I have the space to do (as far as pot size)

Picture - Front Row first plant on left is LA Confidential next plant is Kandy Kush
    Back row first plant behind the "LA Con" on the left is Kosher Kush, next to it is purple wreck. Enjoy blades :wave:

Attached Files:

18. #18 RooRgle, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    Okay I decided to transplant...had some free time, and it takes me awhile, so yeah...it be done. :wave:

So I have LA, Kosher, and Purple all in 2 gallon smart pots and Kandy in a 1 gallon smart pot. I will veg for a few weeks, top, & train then...all that fun stuff. Then decide what plants are being moved where when it comes time to flower. :smoking:

You can guess which ones are which now ;)

Attached Files:

19. [​IMG]

Im subbed lol.....i want to use this grow to show everyone that you dont need some GIANT light to grow good bud

Keep up the good work man

20. Haha, I love that ^^ :D

This 250hps is rocking hard! And once I'm done with the Blue Mammoth I'm putting the metal halide bulb in to veg all the kush. :smoke:

Glad to have you with me man!! :bongin: