$250 for a half???

Discussion in 'General' started by geetardude, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Whats up GC,

my friend/dealer called me today, which is odd for a wednesday. I always pick up on the weekend, because we both work mon-fri. I work nights, he works days. Anyways, we had been talking over the past month about this Dank for $400 an ounce that he says that is SO WORTH IT. I always buy "mids" in bulk.

Gets me just as stoned, in my opinion. Anyway, I'd been asking about that dank for the past 2 weeks, and he kept saying he was waiting for his dude to get some. Well, I guess today was the day. Told me, if I wanted some, I'd better get it fast before its all gone. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: "I want a half."
    Him: "you know how much that is, right?".
    Me: "$200, right?"
    Him: "$250. It's worth it."
    Me: "Wait one fucking minute! You said he sells it for $60 an 1/8th, right?"
    Him: "Yep."
    Me: "Well, I'm pretty sure 4 1/8ths at retail should only be $240, and THATS AT A BULLSHIT PRICE! Weed is supposed to get cheaper the more you buy."
    Him: "I dunno, man, it's just what he's doing."
    Me: "Well, I'll call you friday, I'm not saying no, but I'm definitely not saying yes right now."
    Him: "Alright, man, but this shit's going fast, so you'd better hurry"

I live in a dry as fuck town, so I can KINDA see why he's making it so steep, but DAYUM! What do you blades think?

2. I wouldn't pay 250 for a half regardless of the weed.

The most I'll pay for a half is 200 and it had better be worth it.

3. Such a fuss over an extra 50$. Kind of pointless.

4. If its some medical-cali-grade super chronic then yes. Otherwise, if it's just some headies-then FUCK no.

5. Since when does a half cost anything more than $100?

6. When it's the highest-quality grass around. East Coast Sour Diesel goes for 800 - 1000$ an ounce in some places.

7. In Illinois, bud is expensive as fuck:

$20 for 1 gram
    $60 for 3.5 grams (8th)
    $100 for 7 grams (quad)
    $180-210 for 14 grams (half o)
    $300-340 for 28.5 grams (o)

(Note: this is for dank bud, mersh is cheaper)

thats what you can expect in Illinois :mad:

8. Man, I just can't imagine paying more than 10$ for a gram, or more than 50$ (at the very most; usually 25 - 40-$) for an 1/8, or 400$ for an ounce, etc. If someone tried to sell any grass for those prices around here they would get fucked up. The most I've ever seen an ounce go for was 350$, and that was during a drought, so supply and demand turned ugly on us and drove up the prices for a while. Normally, that's what keeps the prices low here. There's more weed than smokers, so dealers sell it at lower prices to sell it fasterr.

9. 250 a half...it better be some funky ass bud

this kid i know has the dankest shit around my town, blueberry chronic
    but the motherfucker doesn't sell anything less than a QP. yes, a QP.
    wouldn't even sell me an ounce, whos he think he is? tony montana

10. agreed, ive paid 500 an ounce on some rediculouse organic. I HATE admitting that i did pay such a fuck shit price, but i did, and it wasnt neccesarily WORTH it, it was worth it to me.

it was dry as fucking hell, but yea dude. who cares.

you pay for what you get, its when you get to paying for something you didnt get the expected quality, that id be pissed off about.

250, harsh. everyone knows its harsh, but the question is... is it worth getting that sticky icky oooheyyyy, and that extra stickedy bomb nug TO YOU.

Can you justify spending 50 extra on a half?

11. Nothing less than a QP? What a dick. He would probably make better business if he sold normal amounts. Who the hell does that, anyway? That's just weird.

12. fuck man i pay 200-240 for a half

shit so i'd probaly pick up haha

damn i need to move

13. Lemme quote Ludacris.

"I mighta had to spend some extra buuuucks,
    but I really don't give a fuuuuuuuck.
    Cuz a brotha feel great-great-great-great...
    All bent outta shape-shape-shape-shape..."

14. 250 isnt that bad of a price for a 1/2 of dank

15. Ive never seen weed that I would pay 250 a half for, except for like the hightimes shit. The ONLY way I would pay that much for a half is if its straight up, undeniable 1 hitter quitter. AND it would have to look like it was covered in fuckin snow.

16. well "high times shit" is what im referring to when i say dank

17. i don't pay over 200, if you're gonna pay 250 it better be strain and extremely good dank.

18. Yup. $250 a half is definately not worth it unless it's some Medical grade shit. The MOST i'd pay is $170-200 Tops for some real heady buds

19. you need to find yourself a new dealer

and move to norcal

30-35 dollars for chronic ass 1/8s

20. All depends on where u live. In Atlanta Oz of Purp goes for $500 and $250 1/2 but down here in Miami Headies will run u $350-$450/oz depending on who u know and the supply.