2400w LED, 10x5, 10 Plants, Soil (Green Crack, Jack Herer, Pineapple Express, Grape Kush, Black Kush)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by T-Rex Go RAWR, Sep 27, 2015.

1. #1 T-Rex Go RAWR, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
    I am a patient and caregiver, this a legal medical grow in compliance with all Hawaii Medical Marijuana Laws and Statutes

Hey gang, i hope you guys enjoy the ride show that the girls and i have recently embarked on!
    Pano.jpg

This is my third grow ever, and my goal for the long term is to have a perpetual grow set up by using two tents as you will see below..

In an effort to save money on electricity a 5000btu window AC was selected, and a hole cut in the side of the tent to allow maximum efficiency. Once the veg tent is ready to start going, i am hoping that the low amount of heat generated by the LEDs will give me the opportunity to "recycle" the cold air from the flower tent to veg tent.

Strains: 4x Green Crack, 2x Jack Herer, 2x Pineapple Express, 1x Grape Kush, 1x Black Kush

In soil since: 9/1-9/4 (Tangerine dream didn't germinate so Green Crack was germinated in replacement, hence staggered start times)

Flower Tent: 10x5x6'8"

Veg Tent: 5x5x6'8"

Lighting + Lightrail 4: Flower Tent 2x1200w Marshydro LED
    Veg Tent 1x900w Marshydro LED

Medium: Soil - Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Temp Range: 75-84 (You will see the thermometer showing 90, this is because I turned the lights on to snap the images)

Nutrients: Fox Farm Trio with pH corrected to ~6.3

Cooling: 5000BTU window AC

Container Strategy: Red Solo Cups --> 2gal --> 7gal

Circulation: 16in oscillating wall mount fan

Exhaust: 6" inline fan that recirculates the air back to the room.

Carbon Scrubber will be in the back right corner once it's time.

Side Notes:
    * The wooden frame was built because the quite frankly, i don't trust the tents to support the light rail and the lights; this gave a mount point for the fan.
    *Container on the right is where extra soil is kept, this will be moved outside once a final configuration is determined.
    *Shitty wire routing falls under this also
    *Drain pans have yet to be found
    *The dwarf plant is one of the Green Crack.

If you have any questions, or suggestions, PLEASEEEEEE say something. I want to learn [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Day 28 Veg

Fed for the second time today
    2.5 teaspoons/gal Big Bloom
    3 tablespoons/gal Grow Big
    pH ~6.4

* I think girls might have grown slow due to hear issues in the first week or two ?

*Light rail is finished, ended up using a ⅜" threaded rod with 2 nuts and 2 fender washers on each end to fix the two lights

The two images show how I fixed the two lights together with the rod, and the other shows how I connected the lights to the trolleys

*48 hour temps 70-84

Attached Files:

3. #3 Peflora, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
    Hate to do this to you, but...

First pic is 09/15 second is 09/27

Temps 85*

Growing under ONE Amare Tech SE 220- 220w, but first 10 days under just 100w. It has separate o/o switches for veg and flower

Imagine what it will look like in 16 more days= 28 days

Is it the technique or the lights?

My method is hydro. Babies growing in a DIY bubbler

Attached Files:

4. Sorry for the delay, I saw your message a few days ago, but at that time i couldn't get the quote to work on my iPad, then i forgot.. oops!

Thanks for sharing some pictures of your babies, they look good ! :) How are they doing now?

You were correct in stating that it is the method, hydroponics has much faster growth relative to soil. Also, it COULD be the lights as well, but that's hard for me to speak to since i'm brand new to the LED light game.

Side Note: The MarsHydro lights also have the two switches, one for veg and the other for flower.

5. Day 32 Veg

Quick Update
    10-03-15 The One-9.jpg

It has been 7 days (Last Saturday) since plants were topped.

Each plant has about 7/8 nodes, and although vertical growth isn't impressive (~6"), they are squat with tight internodal spacing. I think this can be attributed to the LEDs being about 11" above the plants.

10-03-15 The One.jpg
    10-03-15 The One-2.jpg

Lights on temp : 75/76
    Lights off temp (no ac): ~80

Strain comments:

Grape Kush: By far has the most growth off all plants/strains, with very large fan leaves
    10-03-15 The One-5.jpg

Black Kush: Tallest plant, least dense, most internode space, slowest to show growth from topping, very large fan leaves
    10-03-15 The One-4.jpg

Green Crack: Most compact, appearance is that of a bush, each of the 4 plants of this strain show are different than each other
    10-03-15 The One-6.jpg

Jack Herer: Lovely growth, nice response to topping

Pineapple Express: Same as Jack Herer, great growth, both plants are very similar appearance and growth, good response to topping
    10-03-15 The One-7.jpg

Attached Files:

6. #6 T-Rex Go RAWR, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2015
    Day 9 Flower

Well hello there empty room which i so willing talk to myself in...

All 9 plants have shown sex, and growth is coming along nicely.

Plants are in 7 gallons and the height from soil to the top of canopy ranges from 13-16"

Thanks to a temp controller , temp ranges are averaging 77-82; today it spiked to 84 for some reason

Attached Files: