2400w, 2m x 2m, 16 plants multiple strains

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Grumbledore, Aug 23, 2018.

1. #1 Grumbledore, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Just got another grow up and running and thought I create a journal so I can get some input from the community.

I have only grown in my dr90 tent in the past and it’s served me well but I now have a 2m x 2m x 2m donated to me by a friend which I’m gonna be using going forward. Because it’s a new set up to me It feels completely different and I’m still struggling to dial in the conditions within the tent.

So here’s a full list of my setup

Century grow systems bloom room xl 2m x 2m x 2m
    4x 600w HPS
    4x Cool Tubes
    1 extraction 720m3
    1 intake
    3 x secret jardin 20w oscillating monkey fans
    4x 4 pot Wilma systems 11l pots
    4x air stones and air pump to oxygenate reservoirs

Using 60/40 as the medium, 60% coco 40% clay pebbles
    Canna coco nutes

I’ll be linking all the Wilma systems together with 19mm pipe and connecting a pump to circulate the water around the systems

Plants were transplanted today from the propagation where they’ve been sitting in 1 inch rock wool for almost 2 weeks. They’ve had a hand feeding at 700ppm. The lights are prob about 18 inches from the plants atm because I’m
    struggling to get temps below the 30s.

Strains:
    3 Blue Cheese
    5 Dogstar Dawg
    4 Gorilla zkittlez
    2 Critical x Amnesia
    1 Grapefruit
    1 New York Diesel x OG Kush

[​IMG]

2. Thats some set up mate. Seen many wonderful things with the wilmas.
    Can i ask why your feeding seedlings so strong? You done it succesfully like that before?
    Seen lots of folk fry them with that sorta strength. I dont go that high till at least week 5 or 6.
    Just curious like.
    Heres 2 ive got on just now. Day 22ish from seed in coco and theyve had 2 feeds at 100ppm. 2 feeds at 200ppm and 3 feeds at 300ppm. The rest of the time just plain tapwater. They dont need much nutes so i prefer to play it safe and up the dose if anything turns yellow. IMG-20180822-WA0009.jpg

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #3 Grumbledore, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Nice looking plant. Wish I had LED lights to keep the temps down.

I’m pretty much following the canna feeding schedule for coco maybe just a bit lighter than what they recommend. I’ve not had any problems with it before but I’ll def keep an eye out for burn.

4. What bulbs are you using??

Are they Blue Enhanced? Looks like theres no blue in the color.

If not Id use Hortilux HPS bulbs.

5. #5 Grumbledore, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    I’m using HPS bulbs. I’m all out of MH atm unfortunately.

In order to keep the temperature down I’m running my lights for 45 mins on then 15 off which i guess is 18/6. I’d rather have 3 of the lights off at a time instead of all of them but I’m working with what I’ve got. The techniques called intermittent lighting and it’s not a long term fix for me.

I think 4 lights on the one fan is too much so I’m getting another extractor the same spec as my current one and running 2 lights on each which should go a long way to cooling the tent down a bit.

I’ve put the pumps on a light drip for 15 mins 3 times a day atm. Ppm at 300 for now

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that the best hps bulbs in your opinion? Just got an hps, its been on for about 2 months. How often do the bulbs need replacing?

7. Yes.
    The Hortilux HPS is the best single ended HPS bulb made.

Bulbs lose 10%-15% the 1st month.

I change bulbs every 2 flowering cycles. And every 90 days for Veg at 24 hours. I veg on 24 hours.

8. Thanks buddy. Just checked em out and quickly came across a few comparrisons people have done by measuring the output and they do indeed seem to outperform every other hps on the market. Good job the lights fit in other ballasts though, theres cost a bloody fortune lol.

Ps sorry for the threadjackin

• Like Like x 1
  9. 8th day from transplant. Some of them looking pretty rough right now

Temps had been pretty shitty well in excess of 30 so growth has been slow.

Bought 4 600w digital ballasts, dimmed them to 400w and now my temps sit around high 20s. I didn’t realise but pics come out normal with digital ballasts too

[​IMG]
    Critical haze, grapefruit and OG kush x NY diesel [​IMG]
    Dogstar dawg [​IMG]
    Gorilla zkittlez [​IMG]
    Blue Cheese [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. 14 days from transplant

Most plants have bounced back from a bit of a rough start. The Criticals look strong. The Dawgs are probably the smallest so far.

The lack of uniformity is a bit of a bitch cos they’re all gonna be different heights and I like a nice even canopy

Tbh most of these plants had a pretty shit start to life in the propagater so I’m pretty happy with how it’s going.

Some cooler weather has really helped with the temps and it’s now steady between 25 and 27 in the tent and 55% rh so the conditions are all good. EC in the res 1.0

[​IMG]

Critical Haze, Grapefruit, and NY diesel x OG Kush
    [​IMG]

Dogstar Dawg
    [​IMG]

Gorilla Zkittlez
    [​IMG]

Blue Cheese
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. 23 days from transplant

[​IMG]

Critical haze, grapefruit, NY Diesel x OG Kush

[​IMG]

Dogstar Dawg

[​IMG]

Gorilla zkittlez

[​IMG]

Blue Cheese

[​IMG]

Any critiquing would be great

12. 44 days in

I flipped to 12/12 12 days ago too.

[​IMG]

13. Been a while since I’ve posted any pics so here’s a few bud shots

It’s now only 2 - 3 weeks till harvest for most of these

What you think

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wow, nice. Looks like they'll be nice and fat by the time you harvest. Have any of the strains been problematic?

15. Cheers mate

The critical mass x grew like crazy compared to everything else so that hasnt been ideal cos they just block out light to other plants

On the other hand the Dogstar Dawg has been a dream to grow on the whole and smells like a fucking winner

16. I've been growing some Peyote Critical. It shows great vegetative vigor. Do you suppose that's from the Critical parentage? No idea what the buds on it will be like (reports are it's pretty mediocre; okay, but nothing particularly stands out), but it seems to be made of iron. Nothing phases it! I've thought of throwing rocks at it to see if it would grow even faster. Then I put down the bong and went to sleep. :D

The Dogstar Dawg looks like a real winner. I've been pondering what sativa heavy strain I want to grow next... looks like a definite contender.

17. Ye the shop i got the seeds from me warned me about anythign Critical and how much they grow. Mine have a longer flowering time than everyhting else i'm growing by almost 3 weeks so i guess tyhe yield could still be good

For a good growing experience i'd recommend the dogstar, i've taken cuttings from both that and the Gorilla Zkittlez to grow again along with some Venom OG, Crystal Gelato and Gorilla Glue in my other tents

• Like Like x 1
  18. Had to cut 2 plants down as they were turning hermie. Buds feel kind of airy obv on what I’ve cut but I’ll show a few pics when dry

I’m the mean time I set up a dr90 and ds120 tent with a 4 Wilma and 400w MH in the smaller tent and 8 pot Wilma with a 600w HPS in the other. These are filled with gorilla
    Zkittlez and dogstar Dawg cuttings I took from flowering plants. Plan is to get flowering asap and scrog those tents do I can take my time over this 2m tent

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. So, you're re-vegging them now, or have they already gone back to veg?