24 Hour Light Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JBRONCFAN, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I'm a bit of an old schooler and prefer 18 hours on and 6 hours off.  We all know how valuable sleep is to humans.  The processess that occur while we sleep and such.

I read about a lot of people that go 24 hours during the veg stage of growth.  Anyone here have a preference?  24 hours seems to make sense.  Every hour the lights are on, they grow.  Lights go off, they stop growing (presumably).  Thoughts?

2. That's the only way I do it24/0. Never had a problem

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ive done both 24 and 18 for years, and in my situation, I have noticed no difference at all. Well except a smaller power bill.

4. Cant say much because this is my first grow, but my plants were on a 24/0 light cycle, I just went by what a lot of people told me, and it hasnt hurt my plants in anyway, so why not :)

Sent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I have know people who have done both the 24/0 and 18/6 light/dark cycles, and the only difference is a lower electric bill.  Its really hard to figure out whether or not the extra light gives the plant a boost.

Even though you are using artificial light I like to be as natural as can be.  Go organic, give the plant a rest with a dark period.  Use a fan to simulate wind, spray your plants to simulate rain and morning dew.  The more that you go "natural" the better.

6. I wouldn't recommend misting or spraying unless for bugs or the weekly foliar feed. It can increase your chances of getting PM.

I never had any problems spraying twice a day.  I never do it unless there is air circulation and the temperatures stay above 78 F.  I guess if you have a cold uncirculated nasty basement I wouldn't spray either. 

Not sure what PM is?  I never use contractions because they are confusing.

8. PM is short for powdery mildew and warm humid eviroments  is a prime breeding ground for it. Unless your misting clones seedlings or doing a foliar feed then its really not needed. PM is a systemic plant disease for which there is no cure for and it can really affect a plants health.

9. Okay,  I know once I get powdery mildew I will stop spraying but til then IMMA BE spraying.

I take it that you have had powdery mildew before.  I understand your position and hope it never returns.

10. I had two sets of mother plants I got rid of because of PM. Its a pain to deal with and get worse in flowering because in flowering your humidity natuarly goes up.

11. Here is a post by BadKittySmiles whom I consider a marijuana expert.