24/7 indoors to outdoors

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Fheyr13, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Man, it's nice to be out of prison....

So I've got 3 Lemon Kush, 1 White Widow, and 3 Jack Frost for myself.
    I've also got 3 Steal Your Face, 5 Master Kush, and 3 Cheese #1 started for my homie.

We both are cleared by NM to  grow outdoors in our back yards. I started my seeds under a 4 bulb flouro going 24/7. Should I be doing some titration with the lights to get it on the same timeline as our sun?

I was thinking that every 2 days I decrease the light by an hour, finally settling on 15/9 and then transplant at 6am when it's time to start the day.

I'd love some input and I understand this post must have been asked a whole bunch.   I did a search but it just came up with stuff not completely relevant.

2. Have them at about 15/9 by late May or June, then put them out. Good luck

3. I'll give it a shot.

4.   24-0 plants will certainly flower once exposed to outside.. Same applies to changing the lighting to fast.. Called light shock the general rules to avoid it are to change an hour per week.. I've been introducing dark for a few weeks now aiming for setting out my clones on June 1st and I'm up to 4 hours I think..
      You want to be fairly closely matched to the outside when you set your plants out.. With about 5 weeks left till setout I'd work backwards and plan about 2 hours per week.. It's on the short side but it's all you can do this late and hope they don't pre-flower to badly.. Learn from it and plan better for next year..
      Hope that helps.. BNW

Edit this is the dinosaur style clock I use.. About 40 bucks from home depot It's an intermatic T101 and stupidly mechanical and nearly indestructible.. Don't trust your plants to some cheap shit timer.. Seen to many grows screwed up from that.. This unit is rated at 40 amps or about double what most circuits can handle.. It'll be the only timer you'll ever need to buy..

[​IMG]

5. Solid advice right there. I've never done outdoors so :\\ they're still seedlings with 2 sets of leaves. Even at this stage they'll light/dark shock? Super sad.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Ahh that small your fine.. They need to become sexually mature before becoming sensitive to that kind of lighting changes roughly a month old.. But Go ahead and get them started on dark now say 4 hours and add an hour per week..
      Actually seedling are slightly different then clones in the way they react.. Seedlings can go out a full month before clones for that very reason..

7. Thug life, you made my day. If you're ever in south NM hit me up lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Depending on your local conditions you can play games with cannabis once you understand it's photoperiodic nature.. Here in So Cal it never freezes and even frost is very rare and I can put out vegged plant any time of year.. I treat the outside like a  flower room and can get up to 4 crops a year..