24/0 Vs 18/6 Veg 300w led

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokethaprofessor, May 18, 2018.

?

24 or 18/6

1. 24

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. 18/6

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. 20/4

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. To actually read up on it, it's quite lengthy and boring. Many studies have been done at universities and such. I'll leave that up to you to search, just thinking about it numbs my brain. If you want something easier to read Ed Rosenthal, Jose Cervantes, robert clarke and many other published growers have discussed it extensively and agree that cannabis does not benifit from a dark period in veg. To put it in a nut shell Some other types of plants need a dark period to finish the final steps of photosynthisis. Cannabis and other c3 plants complete these tasks only during the light hours. More light hours=faster growth= quicker turn around times start to finish

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. 24/0 can affect a growers sense of humor. Make sure you have plenty of smiley faces.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I have more then enough bud.

4. In truth there is very little difference between the standard recommendation of 18/8 and 24/0

other than the wasted use of the electricity

we are on LED here so it not as if the stomata are going to block yeah!

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharing is caring...

6. i have found that, obviously, the plants will grow faster with 24/0. BUT, i have found i get more males this way. if they are feminized, go for it but from regular seed, i try to keep it at 18/6. i have found time after time i get more females this way. they don't grow as fast as 24/0 and i can always change to 24/0 once i know, but i don't. works for me.

7. I've never supported a plant. Especially one that small. Get those sticks out of there. The plant should not fall over. There's something wrong if it is.

I constantly see people on here with tiny seedlings secured to popsicle sticks and the like. It's a sign of an OCD grower. When they're that small you just need to splash some water in the medium every day, make sure the temps are good and walk away. The plants don't need a damn thing until they get 8" tall or more.

8. I got curious a few weeks ago as to how long they can actually go without any nutes.
    Started a photo in a root riot and just fed it 50ppm tap water at ph7.4 and it turns out she lasted 8 days untill the first yellowing of the leaves under a 14k 130w cfl reflector

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I too grow hydro. If you do grow hydro you have to feed lite from day one about but 80%+ people on here grow in soil. If you use soil leave the damn plant alone for the first two weeks. Keep it wet. That's it.

10. See most soil growers think hydro sounds complicated and hard work. Ive never tried soil but all the bizzarre, hard to diagnose and fix problems they pop up with makes me think were the ones with the easy life lol.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. What I don't like about soil is the lack of control. With hydro I can immediately correct any problem I see. With soil you're going to have to take some time to correct a plant. It won't happen instantly. Hydro growers have complete control of all aspects of the plants nutrition. If you're up for that task it's definitely more able to get the most out of your plant. It's also much easier then most people envision.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Soil is glorious, outdoors, My 20 gallon smartpots filled with good organic soil are magnificent, outdoors. Indoors under artificial light? I can think of a better place for it. I was very dedicated, compost, worms, 10 gallon airpots filled with what I ate last year. I didn't actually live here, I just shared it with the bugs. You would think fruit flies would be sweet, but they are quite bitter. I do miss the worms however.

• Like Like x 1