24/0 or 18/6 veg??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tvo1293, Mar 19, 2011.

1. #2 somuch2learn, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    Think even the 18/6 people keep them on 24/0 the first 2 weeks. I run 24/0 regardless.
    Good to see your mixing the spectrum of the CFLs.
    Good luck with the girls!

2. @somuch2learn cool thanks man thats what i was leaning towards too. 24/0 for 3 weeks then 12/12 for 4 weeks hows that sound to u? and wouldnt 4x 6500k be better? overall thanks man, stay up :)

tvo

3. There is literally this same exact thread bumping around right now. Try the search feature. Sorry to sound douchey, but search will save you, and me, a lot of time.

4. @aminus oh i do use the search but it totally blew past my mind to use it for this just thought i would get a quicker response from my blade buddies

5. #6 somuch2learn, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011

Hey tvo, hmmm... like to veg a while longer when from seeds (6 wk min. to mature...until the nodes alternate) then hit 12/12 (but at the equator it's always around 12 of light, and they will flower when they want to)

As far as light....... more will always be better. We all do what we can as far as lights go (heat produced by them, cost to run, money to buy them, etc.) so only advice I could give, is to have a mixed spectrum during the whole grow. (know alot of people that like alot of the diff. spectrums during a grow (5000K, 6500, 6700, etc.) There is a certain percent of the spectrum to mix, like 2/3-1/3 (maybe) ratio. Have 2/3 of a higher K and 1/3 2700K, and reversed for flowering like 2/3 warm and 1/3 daylight.

Some (like myself) might suggest trying to keep them shorter (low stress training, etc.) so it will be easier for the light to penetrate, later. Keeping the light within a few inches will help them to not stretch.

Know you had ask about nutes in your grow thread, and to be honest, I just use Fox Farm Ocean Forest which feeds for a month alone, then repot, and then I will start using Fox Farm Tiger Bloom at the first sign of flowering. (ALOT of good nutes, and application schedules people use here, and with more $$$ I would use them too, prob.......... so be prepared for MANY nute suggestions)

You'll learn so much during this first grow, that I'll prob. be asking you for advice on my next grow........lol

6. Both 18/6 and 24/0 (as well as in-between light schedules) work well for veg, it's your pick. The only debate is whether one of these works a little better than the other. There will be those who tell you to use one or the other, or even to start with one then switch to the other during veg, but many who have tried both (including me) found little difference.

7. Wish we could convince the fanatics of that. They seem so convinced that there's this huge gain using one or the other.

8. Dig that. I just love 24/0 because I can plug in a few CFls, only cost pennies a day, not having to worry if the timer is working right, and if not,it changing the light cycle the plant is use to.
    Set it forget it.

9. if a plant has 24 hours of light thats 6 more hours of light than 18/6 to make foliage.

10. @somuch2learn hey man, thanks for the input, there much appericaited :). Quite a few number of people have been telling me to keep the stages a little longer so what ill do is veg for 4-5 weeks then flower for 6 weeks does that sound good to u guys? Also the only reason i had a different variety of lights in there was because thats wat i had around, what i really want is just 4x 23 or 26 watt 6500k, but yeah during flower ill do 3 2700k and 1 6500k. As far as nutes go ill probally go to my local hydro shop and buy some nutes that i see fit.

@toastybiz heyy man thanks for giving my thread a look, i decided to just let them grow under 24/0 for a few weeks then switch it to 12/12 since im growing under cfls and like somuch2learn said, they cost pennies a day so money isnt a big issue.

thanks to all you guys for the helpful advices :). check out the current grow too, updated daily http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/767371-first-real-grow-3-2-1-action.html

11. with darkness they are wondering why and take advantage of ALL the light you can give them.

i can say that in my last grow i left the lights on 24/0 for veg and got nice even veg,

with 18/6 i saw more growth per day, but un even growth for some reason.

one side is bigger then the other but it might just be something i did.

but anyways i like 18/6 as you save a little bit of money on your hps bill.
    :smoke: