205 watt bulb

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sleepycity718, May 26, 2006.

1. i got a 205 watt bulb that fits in to a regular socket. its a clear see through bulb and its longer than a regular bulb in the skinny part. i have been growing my plant under that bulb from the beginning for like two weeks. my plant looks healthy, it has the two bottom small leaves and eight big leaves and more coming out the middle. every day it grows an inch. i give it water every morning (not alot, just a bit). IS THIS BULB GOOD FOR LATER EVENTS? AM I SUPPOSE TO USE THIS BULB?:wave:

2. I can't ID that bulb from your descrip. Can you take a pic? Does it have any writing anywhere on it? Where did it come from?

3. i cant cuz my cam stopped working but it says 125v 205w extender service. its not your regular house light bulb thats white, this one is clear, like you can see everything in it.

4. Is it like this? [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]I edited that bulb you send me with paint and i tried to make it look like mines. it looks just like that. its the same thing except that its a little bit longer in the bottom. 125v 205w

6. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Dude, good you are trying, but read a bit, soon enough youll find that your bulb is an incandescent one. Those are not good at all for the next reasons:

1) the light emitted is not good for the plant; the spectrum is not the correct. Physics involved, read more or believe it from someone who has read a bit.
    2) it puts out lot of heat as opposed to a fluorescent bulb.
    3) its way to expensive to use that bulb. With 205 watts of fluoros, youll be getting better light (spectrumwise) and more light (lummenswise)

Drop that bulb and get the biggest fluorescent screw-in bulb. That will be cheap to buy, presumably cheaper to operate cuz you wont be getting a 200 watt fluoro. Think the biggest is 150 or so...

So, by switching bulb youll save money and get better results.

Read a bit round the forums, its very ilustrative
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

7. Check the light guide link in my sig...

8. thanks, that bulb was putting out alot of heat, too much. i changed it and put in this one[​IMG]26w helical. but how good is this one? i mean it doesn't put out alot of heat so thats good but how efficient is it?

9. [​IMG]alright, do you see that thing inside the bulb that kinda looks like plastic or rubber? well i have a bigger bulb that has the same thing. is it a hps bulb?

10. That CFL is good, though you will need more than one. Heat output has nothing to do with it, light output is all that matters. In fact, the big advantage of CFLs is that they consume less energy because they convert very effectively their energy consumption into light rather than into heat.

There is just no way for us to tell you what kind of bulb you have based on a photo of a different bulb but saying it has something on the inside that looks the same. Look up specialty lighting in your local Yellow Pages and take the bulb into a specialty shop, they should be able to ID it for you.

11. i need more than one cfl for one plant?

12. More than one 26-watter for decent results, yes.

13. thanks alot, you saved my plant:D