2019-2020 Shot glass grow challenge!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dead Head OG, Jan 2, 2019.

1. #1 Dead Head OG, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Happy New Years everyone!!!! Who’s ready to kick this year with a little challenge?! I’d really hope none of you would cheat as then the game becomes pointless and not fun but I know ya guys wouldn’t do that! So let’s kick this bad boy off!!!!!
    This journal will consist of 2 opportunities to beat the challenge. The first one is starting from seed to harvest in the glass and the second is clone to harvest in the glass.

shot glass (no bigger then 3oz)

2 seeds (Incase one doesn’t survive) and you can use your own custom soil blend or store bought. Then placed in your own custom soil blend or store bought.

Indoor or outdoor/greenhouse

Feel free to use whichever nutrients you would like as well. PGR’s are banned.
    —————————————————————
    REQUIREMENTS FOR CLONE!!!

shot glass (no bigger then 3oz)

1 Clone (May use whichever root starter you would like)

1 Rockwool cube cut in 4 pieces to fit inside the glass

Indoor or Outdoor/Greenhouse

Once again you may use whichever nutrients you would like. NO PGR’s as you read above.
    —————————————————————
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here’s my entry!!!
    [​IMG]l’ll be using ONLY compost tea that consists of worm castings , molasses , seaweed extract and Fish emulsion. I’ll be doing both inside my greenhouse with a light cycle of 10/14.—————————————————————
    If you’ve seen any of my recent posts you know I like to test the boundaries!!! I’ve had a lot of success with window seal grows or “Micro Grows” so I can say I got some experience in the field...
    I’ll kick off 2021-2022 after this seasons finished.
    THERE IS NO PRIZE this is all for fun as a GC community. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 5
  2. I’ve got some photo Candy Land seeds I could use lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. And some strictly CBD seeds, no THC

Edit: I’ll never be able to flower it tho cuz I run autos :/ hrmmm... maybe it’s time to get another tent lol

I’ll have 3 extra grow lights tomorrow as my driver for my QB96s gets here tomorrow finally

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ahhh crap that’s a bummer Clyde! Maybe you can extra stoned and work something up. My pup kicked over my garden light so I whipped up a micro green house that’s gets 24h of light from the sun and led light at night. Seems to work great so far...she even creates her own water supply![​IMG][​IMG]
    Gives me a nice light to pack my bowls to!

• Like Like x 3
  5. I love it dude! I’ll figure something out. I’d love to have one going

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 Hemi_57, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    I will jump in.

1oz shot glass is all I have
    Pro Mix Premium Potting Mix (/w nutes)
    Sensi Grow A & B
    Dr. Seeds GG

I will place the single seed in the wet napkin. It's dry here so I will have to maintain the humidity......... electric heat.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Heck yea man! I just got my seed ready as well.
    [​IMG]
    I’ll have my clone by the end of the night.

• Like Like x 3
  8. This is my record for how fast I can get a seed to crack. Under 24 hours!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  9. That was quick! Here’s my clone ready to go.. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Into the soil the seed goes. There was 1mm of progress since last night. It will stay under a 8.8W aquarium LED light bar until I move it to my tent.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Still waiting on my tap root to pop...

• Like Like x 2
  12. 0105191941.jpg 0105190448.jpg Solo cup Shot glass, Jack's Cleaner seed.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Been looking for a shot glass but i think myne are way too small there like 1 1/2oz so im going to use this cup, its exatly 3oz filled to the brim.

Dark in color so my roots wont be exposed..

Strain is going to be Gorilla Glue regular, i really is fem if not ill go again as i have some from a batch a friend hooked me up with.. no sex guaratees, just fingers crossed

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. Do i need to drill holes on the bottom of this cup??

I think it would help.. but what about the guys growing in glass shot glasses.. how will they make holes on the bottom of their cups??

• Like Like x 1
  15. I was wondering the same, but I think that’s where the RW comes into play to help dry out the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  16. #17 Dead Head OG, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Finally she’s popped a tip! I’m switching over to a silicone shot glass/oil drum instead of the clear glass for root protection purposes. [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  17. No she’s gonna get REALLY root bound but the key is to stunt her growth with a dark light cycle. I’m using 10/14 but I’ve used as low as 4 hours of light..

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mines on 24/0 lol.

• Like Like x 3
  19. 24/0!
    Well this is gonna be interesting to watch!

• Like Like x 3