2017 Crop

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dohpey, Feb 5, 2017.

1. This year I have a new space to work with! I had been growing the last 10 years in a half height closet under the stairs, but I moved recently and now have a whole room to use. That is great news for my back as I no longer have to crawl on my hands and knees to access my plants! Also now that I have a central ac vent in the grow area, my temps will be much easier to control. Since I had the opportunity to do some work to the house before I moved in, I hooked the grow room up with all zwave outlets so I no longer need physical timers and installed a 4-in-1 motion/light/temp/humidity zwave sensor so I can remotely monitor the grow environment and automate certain processes based on conditions in the grow room.

The lineup for 2017 is as follows.
    (2) Delicious Sugar Black Rose
    (2) World of Seeds Amnesia
    (2) Heavyweight Strawberry Cake
    (1) Barney's Blue Cheese
    (1) Delicious Juan Herer
    (1) Delicious Desconocida Kush

The closet in the room is the germ and veg area. I germinated the seeds in rockwool starter cubes, inside my 66 qt Rubbermaid starter bin. I attached a 2 bulb hall light to the lid and used 2 cfls to get them started. The plants are now under 2 4' fluoro shop lights (total of 4 40w bulbs) where they will stay for 30 days. 7 of the plants have been under the shop lights for a week already, the 2 Amnesias were placed there today.

I am building a pvc frame to section off the flowering area in the room. My flower area will be 6'x4'. I will be growing 9 plants, each in a 3 gal pot. I'm using MG moisture control mix for my soil, along with 30% perlite added. I know, I know... Everyone hates MG and says it is the devil, but I have used it for approx 15 yr's and have no problems. For lighting I will be running (1) 600w hps, (1) 400w hps, and new this year (1) Roleadro 400w LED COB actual wattage is 210. That will give me the magical 50w per sq ft coverage.

I will run this grow for about a year, during which time I will stagger adding plants to it. I will add 3 clones from the most ideal of these plants every month starting with the 2nd month of budding, that way I will harvest 3 plants every month after the inital harvest of the 9.

I will be using Earth Juice Grow and Bloom formulas, plus several of their supplements.

Attached Files:

2. This is the 6'x4' frame I constructed to section off the flowering area. I am going to cover the 6' sides with panda plastic and leave the 4' ends open for air movement. I'll hang the lights from pieces of 2x4 that will lay across the top.

Attached Files:

3. Lucky man! That's a good sized room. I've gone the other way, my room was taken over when the women moved in and now I grow under the stairs!

I have a desconocida kush and a Juan Here going too, I think, about 3 weeks Into flower. They were freebies but the DK seems to have some good reviews online, so fingers crossed it's a good'n.

Nice frame BTW. Is that pic piping?

4. Lucky man! That's a good sized room. I've gone the other way, my room was taken over when the women moved in and now I grow under the stairs!

I have a desconocida kush and a Juan Here going too, I think, about 3 weeks Into flower. They were freebies but the DK seems to have some good reviews online, so fingers crossed it's a good'n.

5. If I can figure out which plant of mine Is which I'll take a pic for you of the DK and JH.

6. Everything looking good... Keep it up... Good luck BUDdy

7. In this pic the Amnesias have been in veg for 4 days, the other 7 plants for 11 days.

Attached Files: