2012?

Discussion in 'General' started by This Dude, Mar 22, 2008.

1. I'm sure you have all heard that the world is predicted to end on December 21st 2012. Personally I think it's bullshit, like the whole year 2000 thing. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I did a little research and there is a whole forum of people who believe in this bullshit and are preparing for 2012 rofl.

http://survive2012.com/

2. Do a search, there's tons of threads about this already.

3. the difference between 2012 and 2000 is that the year 2000 was based on the way computers are designed and only have like 95 instead of 1995, so it was thought that possibly the computers would restart

2012 was predicted a long fucking time ago, its the end of the mayan calendar, its in biblical code that an asteroid will cause it(which predicted alot of shit thats happened in actual words, names, and dates), it also says that the rise of terrorism and the attack of 9/11 is the sign of the end of days and also predicted the assassination of a prime minister of isreal, and they even warned the PM that the bible had predicted he would be assassinated within the year and he was assassinated at a rally that year (just watched a show on the bible code today on the history channel), and also by nostradamus, but nostradamus' work isnt all that credible, since it is written in quatrains that can be interpreted however u want to interpret them

personally i believe it, call me foolish or laugh at me or whatever, but i'm not preparing for it like people did for y2k, i'm hoping for it more than anything

4. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just think it's very unlikely. I'm pretty open minded. But I think if an asteroid large enough to end humanity was going to strike the earth. We would have at least a few years warning, we could see it coming.

I've heard all about the Nostradmaus predictions. The thing about his predictions is they could have meant a lot of things.

5. the 2012 event is based off very well known astrological charting and alignment

but the thing is special relativity nullifies that, so we are left with:

modern physics/einstein
    or mayans

and personally the quatrains are all interpretation, just like the bible

6. Na I'd rather not. Starting a new discussion is more entertaining for me, but thanks. I'd rather be able to post and converse with members instead of resurrecting an old thread that people probably won't even reply to.

7. that is a shitty attitude to be had

especially because I see at least one of these 2012 threads a week

8. yes we would have a warning, n i was watchin a show on the history channel earlier, and our options are to blow the asteroid up which in turn would cause a shotgun effect causing even more damage, or thrusting the asteroid onto a different path

we dont have the technology to do that yet, n the guy said we'd have it within about 10 years

so 2012 is 4 years away, n we dont have the technological ability to protect ourselves from it yet, so we're fucked even if we see it coming

the guy on the show also said the earliest we can see it coming is a year or so, or even as late as a few months, either way if its gonna hit us, theres nothin we can currently do about it

9. Being that i believe in God as the supreme being, with that said i believe that God would not make the day that civilization ends as we know it so fucking obvious.

10. Sorry I edited my post, it gives a little better explanation.

11. in the biblical code, it does not give the date 12/21/12, thats the mayan calendar, but in the biblical code it specifies the year 2012, but not a date

and edit: just wanted to clarify that when y2k was thought to happen, i didnt believe it for a second, jus so u guys dont think i believe every conspiracy haha, i'm very selective n only believe a select few

make that about 2

edit: n "god" didnt make it that obvious, it took computers to decypher the origional hebrew texts of the bible, its not like it says "the world will end in 2012" in plain print

12. The Mayans predicted the time we're living in now as the "time of forgetting" where we would forget about spirituality, astronomy, and love and sink towards material possessions. The year 2012 shouldn't be looked at as the end of the world, but rather the end of that world and an extreme spiritual awakening in which hopefully, we could straighten this world out. Furthermore, all this end of the Earth stuff is simply misunderstanding and misquotes to instill fear in all of you. Look forward to this day.

13. Aint shit gonna happen.

14. Just because a thread is old, doesn't mean it isn't relevant.

When you see the same thread being posted day after day after day.... it starts to not be so "entertaining".

15. Believe me, I shall.

For I will reside, with the Positive Energy.

16. ...How?