2011-2012 NBA Fantasy Draft/League

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by BA, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Yo as some of you know I made a GC fantasy bball league. I don't feel like clogging up the NBA thread with fantasy news, so I'm hoping this can be turned into a sticky like the NFL fantasy thread.

Oh and there is one more spot open in my league if anybody is interested...:smoke:

2. Is the draft time listed official?

3. No, it's temporary for now I just had to put something down. The point of this thread was to see what day works best for everybody since I'd rather not do it all through PM's, that would take forever lol

I PM'd Illadelphin to see if he could sticky this but I don't think he's been on in a few days

4. can i still join?

5. when would the draft be? soon , or closer to the 25th?

6. BA if you got that spot open PM me

if not sall good

7. Just finished up a draft in a 10-man league..

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Dorell Wright
    G: Deron Williams
    SF: Danny Granger
    PF: Chris Bosh
    F: Channing Frye
    C: Andrea Bargnani
    C: Roy Hibbert
    UTIL: Kyrie Irving
    UTIL: Jarrett Jack
    BN: Paul George
    BN: Jimmer Fredette
    BN: Brandon Bass

I like the team a lot but I'm trying to move Hibbert for another big man cause I drafted too many Pacers.

8. Damn I was gonna ask some opinion on gc about sleepers and such but seeing as how ya'll are having a competitive draft off this forum I don't bet too many people would be down with publicly discussing that haha :D:D

I'm not in the GC league, have my big draft tomorrow evening so maybe someone wants to talk fantasy between than and now...

hit me up on PM, i've got 10+ years at this thing and my own opinions to share if ya wanna chalk it up.

9. If a spot opens up lemme know..

10. #10 angusbeef, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2011
    I have a couple open spots in a league drafting tomorrow at 4:30 pt.

Hop i'm not steppin' on the OP toes by advertising but he claiming only one spot open way back dec 3, so here it is...

Setting\tValue
    League ID#:\t79431
    League Name:\tLock Out Losers
    Password:\t12345
    Draft Type:\tLive Standard Draft
    Draft Time:\tFri Dec 23 4:30pm PST [ Add to My Calendar ]
    Max Teams:\t14
    Live Draft Pick Time:\t1 Minute, 30 Seconds
    Scoring Type:\tRotisserie
    Max Moves:\tNo maximum
    Max Trades:\tNo maximum
    Trade Reject Time:\t2
    Trade End Date:\t March 8, 2012
    Allow Draft Pick Trades:\tNo
    Waiver Time:\t2 days
    Waiver Type:\tContinual rolling list
    Can't Cut List Provider:\tYahoo! Sports
    Trade Review:\tLeague Votes
    Post Draft Players:\tFollow Waiver Rules
    Max Games Played:\t66
    Weekly Deadline:\tDaily - Tomorrow
    Start Scoring on:\tSunday, Dec 25
    Make League Publicly Viewable:\tNo
    Roster Positions:\tPG, SG, G, G, SF, PF, F, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN
    Players Stat Categories:\tField Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

Looking for managers ready to play for the whole season.. we are a competitive core group of about 7 looking to compliment that with some new comers..a lot of em just finished a football league with me.. baseball in the spring will be next after this.

11. Shit I completely forgot about this thread

@zro and anybody else who wanted in, sorry guys the league filled up pretty quick

@angus feel free to advertise your league man, but I think you might get more replies in the NBA thread ;) (I tried to get this thread stickied but that didn't work) i'm sure there's a few people lookin to join up! I know I had to decline at least 5-6 people on this site alone

12. Ugh, I'm sad.. I had a list of sleepers with reasoning and my projections for them typed up, but my internet went out. I left the page open and went to sleep and when I woke up my computer had updated itself and restarted. So now I'll just name some of my sleepers.

Paul George
    Jimmer Fredette
    Jarrett Jack
    Brandon Bass
    Toney Douglas (early season only)
    Tracy McGrady

I think there were a couple more, but I can't remember right now

13. I know it's really early, but Bass already had a nice game with some good minutes off the bench. He should be available late in most leagues.

14. Is there really no ties in categories?

Like I'm tied right now in blocks and it credits him with the win in that category.

Says I'm up 6-4 but it should be 6-3-1 if there were ties.

15. Yeah, that shit is whack. This is my first time with ESPN, and I'm not liking it. Yahoo is just so much better.

16. I liked the yahoo scoring system better as well. But for some reason i thought espn would be much better and it isnt.

17. Been on yahoo fantasy for 12+ years now... hands down, the best imo.. have tried most other systems at some point in time between than and now..

Check out these auction draft results for a 12 team roto.. already know assists maybe an issue..was going to buy calderon and got up for a break when he got nominated. Oh well.

Budget\t$200
    1.\t(1)\tKevin Durant
    (OKC - SF)
    $66
    2.\t(2)\tLeBron James
    (Mia - SF,PF)
    $68
    3.\t(68)\tMarcus Thornton
    (Sac - SG)
    $10
    4.\t(73)\tDeAndre Jordan
    (LAC - PF,C)
    $7
    5.\t(75)\tAndrea Bargnani
    (Tor - PF,C)
    $5
    6.\t(76)\tNicolas Batum
    (Por - SG,SF)
    $5
    7.\t(82)\tRoy Hibbert
    (Ind - C)
    $2
    8.\t(87)\tNick Young
    (Was - SG,SF)
    $2
    9.\t(96)\tBrandon Jennings
    (Mil - PG)
    $1
    10.\t(99)\tKris Humphries
    (NJ - PF)
    $2
    11.\t(103)\tDeMarcus Cousins
    (Sac - PF,C)
    $2
    12.\t(107)\tMichael Beasley
    (Min - SF,PF)
    $1
    13.\t(118)\tTyler Hansbrough
    (Ind - PF)
    $29

18. Hibbert, Humphries, and DMC for a combined $6...that's ridiculous.

19. And Hansbrough for $29?! haha

20. hahaa

I know...

It was the first time i'd went all out on an auction at first...

Bought lbj and durant obviously, first two nominated than didnt do shit until the later rounds, waited until I had the most cash than went to town securing everyone I wanted too. Calderon was on my list but I was runnin around when he was nominated and didnt get a bid in.

Tyler was my last pick for 29... didn't end up needing that other cash to secure those fore-mentioned and the others and was left with $29 for a last pick.

W/e. Ya live in learn, in baseball I took 3 players at 45-50 ish in auctions than did this strat... same budget, except, in basketball...some go for damn near 70.