200w CFL to 400w HPS for flowering Closet Soil Grow****PiCs****

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by stoned_bunny, May 12, 2010.

1. waterd them the other day! i used my pH pen for the frist time pH'd everything to 7 and run off was BW 5.4 SB 5.3 BD 5.5

2. eekk strange damage has appeared on the Sharks Breath!

what u guys think?

plus here some pics of the veg tent and my Dont Bug Me spray

Attached Files:

3. Mites!! Ack! Like the flu, those damn things get passed from one person to another and are a pain in the ass to fight. But, there are a few good methods.

Did you spray the Bug Me Not on that plant recently? I've never used that product, but just about any pesticide (even organic ones) can cause some damage. Watch out for the natural clove oil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil sprays. They work, but bleach every thing (leaf) they touch.

My other question is if it's really humid in your veg room?

Here's some techniques I've used fighting mites...
    1) cold water with dish soap. Doesn't damage the plants, but it's only mildly effective.
    2) cold water with phosphorus soap. A little more toxic to the plants, but a lot more effective
    3) predator mites - effective for 1-2 weeks, then go dormant for 1-2 weeks. fairly expensive. gotta keep environment perfect or they die off
    4) lady bugs - my favorite. I can get 2,000 for $8 at the local garden store. If your room is sealed these guys will scour the plants night and day keeping guard. I put a strong fan on my light so they couldn't land on it.

I've heard good things about pyrethrum bomb, except it's expensive. Also heard good things about CO2 suffocation (raising CO2 to 3000 ppm for a day).

Keep the temperature down Mites thrive in temps above 80 and thrive even better above 90.

I'll read up in my Jorge Cervantes Indoor/Outdoor bible about your burn to see potential causes.

4. actually i havent seen any sign of spider mites in a few weeks!:hello: as of right now the tent is at 21% Humidity 86F but im thinking maybe the ph was off?

5. Tent Stats
    Humidity: 16%
    Temp:91%

Temps high cuz tent was closed and there was no intake, its open now i'll be watching for a change.

SharksBreath isnt looking better should i flush? i think i should...

6. Looks like over watering and bad ph...low im guessing

def flush and test run off.... flush it and adjust to 6.5-6.8 then lt it dry ouut before watering again...imo:D

7. i only water once the soil is dry... i cant figure out how to raise the ph of my soil the first flush i ph'd the water to 6.5 and the run off came out to 5.4 then the second time i flush i ph'd the water to 7.5 and the run off came out to 5.5 again idk what to do!

8. STRAIN / DAY(of Veg) / DAY TOTAL / LIGHTS
    SB+BD / 38 /53 / (18/6)
    BW / 54 / 69 / (18/6)

Attached Files:

9. Ok so i think i fixed the ph problem on the sharksbreath but im not entirely sure... i couldnt get the ph of the soil to raise above 5.5 but i was peeking in the closet earlyer and the new growth didnt show signs of damages and it looked to be healing. all plants have been moved under the 400W HPS in my closet!

Full update to come tomorrow!

Also i got my Autos in the mail! i put one in a starter plug to germ and i have 3 Afghani Candys starting in some cups of soil. i am consering starting another journal for them

the autos i orderd are Russian Rocket Fuel
    its known to have an incredible bushy phenotype and finishes in 8-10 weeks

i am very exctied for this strain

10. Lookin Gooooood! Damage could be from the bug spray. Make sure you spay them right before the lights go out or you could get light burn.

Sorry I ain't been around but I do jump on and lurk every few days.:)

11. STRAIN / DAYS(of Flower) / DAY TOTAL
    Sharks Breath + Black Diesel / 2 / 68
    Blue Widow / 2 / 84

Temps :84 - 88
    RH: 16%

Feeding:

Sharks Breath + Black Diesel

• Tiger Bloom 5ml/Gal
    • Big Bloom 15ml/Gal
    • pH in 6.9
    • pH out 5.5
    Blue Widow

• Tiger Bloom 5ml/Gal
    • Big Bloom 10ml/Gal
    • pH in 6.9
    • pH out 6.7
    2nd Gen Sharks Breath Clone / 2 / 2

• Rooted & transplanted on the 19th

Pictures:

1. Blue Widow
    2. Sharks Breath
    3. Black Diesel
    4. 2nd Gen Sharks Breath Clone
    5. " "
    6. " "

Attached Files:

12. so lonely here in my thread

13. I read it every time you post an update. I like your setup. :)

My grow journal should just be called a personal diary b/c nobody posts on it. Maybe if I added it to my siggy more people would comment. Either that, or I just rub people the wrong way. :p

14. STRAIN / DAYS(of Flower) / DAY TOTAL
    Sharks Breath + Black Diesel / 6 / 72
    Blue Widow / 6 / 88

Temps :84 - 88
    RH: 16%

Feeding:

• Tiger Bloom 10ml/Gal
    • Big Bloom 15ml/Gal
    • pH in 6.5
    • pH out 6.2
    Blue Widow

• Tiger Bloom 10ml/Gal
    • Big Bloom 15ml/Gal
    • pH in 6.6
    • pH out 5.3
    STRAIN / DAYS(of Veg) / DAY TOTAL

2nd Gen Sharks Breath Clone / 6 / 6

• Rooted & transplanted on the 19th
    STRAIN / DAYS(of Veg) / DAY TOTAL
    Sour Cream Feminized / 4 / 4

• Start date 8/22/10
    Pictures:

1. Blue Widow
    2. Sharks Breath
    3. Black Diesel
    4. 2nd Gen Sharks Breath Clone
    5. Sour Cream

Attached Files:

15. I have a Sour Cream mother growing right now. She's about 6 weeks old and gonna be a mother. She grows like mad and had side branching developing right out of the box. You are going to love her. She smells real nice during veg too!

16. Nice little grow you have goin'............what are you using for soil and how did the process go for ordering your seeds?

Thank you in advance for your help....

17. :hello: Woo i shoulda started it when i started my last batch(the ones that are currently flowering)

Im using Fox Farms Ocean Forest ..... $20 at the local hydro shop

and i got the seeds from http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com i didnt use any special shipping method and i payed with my debit card! lol im not scared

they shipped them to me in a DVD case and got threw customs with out a problem (they thought it was a dvd) also they gave me some freebies! woo!

thanks for stopping by guys!

18. Veg update coming tomorrow then flowering update tomorrow night when lights turn on

19. STRAIN / DAYS(of Flower) / DAY TOTAL
    Sharks Breath + Black Diesel / 19 / 85
    Blue Widow / 19 /101

I Transplanted the Sharks Breath and Black Diesel into 5 gal grow bags i didnt have enough soil to transplant the Blue Widow tomorrow night i well. Also i picked up a 16in wall mounted fan for the flowering room help make those branches nice and study!

Temps :75 - 88
    RH: 16% Constant

Feeding:

• Grow Big 10ml/Gal
    • Tiger Bloom 10ml/Gal
    • Big Bloom 15ml/Gal
    • SB pH in 6.6 BD 6.9
    • SB pH out 5.5 BD 5.3
    Blue Widow

• Grow Big 10ml/Gal
    • Tiger Bloom 10ml/Gal