2000W 12plant legal grow maine

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by budsmokah420, Jun 6, 2010.

1. 2-comb. hps/mh 1000w, ballast hood and both bulbs 600$ for both off ebay
    1-720 cfm exhaust fan for both hoods
    1-5000 btu air conditioner
    room size roughly 10'x8' will be growing in a 6'x8' area
    1-40 gallon res. with pump for watering
    walls painted flat white
    future area under basement stairs for veg/cloning/mother room
    multiple box fans and occilating fans
    carbon scrubber to be attached to one hood
    growing in soil promix more than likely 1 gallon vegging and three gallon flowering
    12 clones, 2 white widow, 2 white rhino, 2 moby dick, and 6 unknown (good green bud)

have a couple questions im wondering if i should consider an exhaust fan just for the grow room itself , or will this 720 cfm be enough to cool hoods and the room down ? would like an opinion on nutes for soil, im a hydro grower but the folks im growing for (at there home) would prefer soil

the plan would be to veg clones for 30-45 days then switch back the lights to 12/12, I would like the plants to almost fill the room by the time they are thru flowering, given the dimensions of 6'x8' and 12 plants that roughly puts a plant 2 feet on center of one another will 30 days be long enough to fill this space or be to long? any input would be great also if im missing some things please speak up and let me know ive been doing more micro grows up to this point and ive got some bucks tied up into this venture so i just want it to go off with out a hitch as much as possible. this will be supplying two medical marijuana card holder (owners of the house) and the rest is being distributed to one of our 8 dispensaries. We had originally planned to be a licensed dispensary but with a $15,000 license fee we backed down maybe next year. any thoughts on yield in a space this size ? ill have more questions for you gcer's but thats all for now the lights are being delivered sometime this week, all the electrical in the room is done just waiting on the mail. lol

2. a few shots of the room coming together kinda boring but ill post any way a shot of the inline fan 8" 120 v 740 cfm hope this baby dont howl to loud [​IMG]small cubby with outlet installed for water purposes[​IMG]these photos are from the door way of that pick door actually leads up to bulk head this door will be replaced with ply wood and a opening will be cut for exhaust fans and the ac unit all air will be pumped out to the bulk head and cooled thru the ac unit [​IMG]timbers are up on the ceiling for mounting the hoods [​IMG]and finally a shot of the 240 volt dpdt timer it runs both 240v outlets for the switchable ballast and also switched one 120v gfi other gfi is constant power along with the other recepticals around the room for pumps and ac's etc.[​IMG]

3. I'm about to start a legal grow as well. I'm dealing with roughly 25 plants. I'm going to use 2 1000w on light movers for flowering. I'm also doing this in a similar climate to you. 2000w seems like it is going to be a lot for your room.

If you start getting problems with heat, I would switch to using a light mover and use 1000w HPS for flower. That way you KNOW that you can get the room to the right temp. There is a big difference from having 80 degree and 70 degree. Just try to keep it cool in there.

Also if you decide to use a light rail, I would do a row of 7 and a row of 8, with the rows staggering from each other. Then put the light rail going down the center of the rows. Then I would use a low stress technique to keep my plants low and get light to all of the plant.

Let me know how things are going with you, I'm curious to hear if 2000w is going to be too much for your area.

4. #4 budsmokah420, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2010
    as of right now the rooms kinda in limbo we have however transplanted the 13 girls over to 1 gallon pots and i fashioned a hood for a spare 250 watt mh for them seems like the person backing the money is not very good with computers and cant seem to find when the order shipped so thats why i say rooms in limbo well here are a few pics of the room getting things a little further ahead with a 740 cfm exhaust fan inline for both hoods allso wrapped the oil tank so its hidden and room looks a little more sterile :)topped all the plants today 13 plants total 2 white widow, 2 moby dick, 2 white rhino, 7 skunk [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]well thats it for now till we get a light i figure the plants are good for a week or so with this room like it is then they will start to suffer from lack of light

5. i have an active air fan that cracks 750 cfm and it will cool 3 vented hoods plus the grow room. this thing sounds like a jet engine when on high its a little over kill in my situation but i like it any ways. i think you will be in the clear. remeber you need to replace what you took out if your intake cant get the fresh air in then all your hard work is for nothing :wave:

6. Your grow sounds almost like my new one imma start, also nice to see another medical grow from maine :)

instead of 3 gallon for flowering go to 5 gallon, and for the price you paid for two 1k's you could have gotten 3 600w setups, which would have done you better than using 1ks, 600s are more efficient. also c02 is very useful for plants and bigger buds.

Your gonna want the carbon scrubber on the first hood that your gonna be pulling your air through, venting it outside the room, also you need to actually run the room to see what temps it runs with everything hooked up to know whether your gonna need more fans and such.

As for nutes, its all personal taste really, ive been using humboldt nutes, works great, only flushed once before i harvested and its very smooth, also the prices are nice and ive been happy how its treated my plants so far.

As for yield, figure at LEAST 1oz per plant, roughly a good 2oz per plant will be average if not more.