Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

$200 Broken glass bong, anychance for any future use/repair?*Pics*

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by metalhead1, Apr 22, 2010.

1. #1 metalhead1, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    Hey guys, well basically the story behind this is that i bought this bong on my

birthday and wasnt using water in all the percs so it got super grimy. so i

attempted to clean it that didnt end up well..

i do not have the broken piece of glass, it was thrown away.
    [​IMG]

The scar 4 months after

[​IMG]

Here is the bong, Everthing is fine besides the huge chunk on the bottom.

it might be unrealistic to fix it but anything can help, thanks alot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I don't know much about glass repair, but aren't bongs made in 2 pieces that are attached? The bulb at the bottom can just be replaced with a new one?

Dunno, but it would cost a fair amount of money..Buy a new bong dude, everyone loses glass in their lifetime =(

3. yeah i know, i have a couple other things to smoke out of, i just feel its a shame wasting all that glass:(

4. Lol I don't really know what value glass has by itself, but I usually just recycle glass...

...?

5. get some super strong glue. What could it hurt to try? Ive seen a couple threads like this. Just google glass repair or something. Good luck n peace

6. Find some cool looking fabric to wrap around the bottom of it. Maybe use some kind of glue or wrap a lot of it tight to make it sturdy and not floppy, if that makes sense. Only thing I can think of to save it. Someone else will probably have a better idea.

7. im going to try to mold some plastic and tape it up, i really dont know what else to do at this point

8. get a pretty big bucket and fill it with water so that the broken part is submerged and the bowl is still sticking out. it'll have to be pretty big so you can still light it up

9. Im thinking the price of professionally repairing this bong is as much as a new one. Your best bet is to trash whats left of this one and buy another.

10. You could always get creative with fiberglass and probably do a pretty easy repair job...but then again I'm not sure if that would have any adverse affects due to the chemicals involved even if you'd bake it and let it sit and cure for a long time.

11. Sorry man from the looks of it thats a pretty bad break, and well bad break = unrepairable.
    If I were you I'd cut my losses and just get a new bong, but maybe take care of the new one a lil better haha ;)

If you don't mind me asking thats a pretty gnarly scar how did it happen? I mean I know it was because of the broken glass but did you like drop it and it broke or something along those lines?

12. cut round the base of the stem and have a new bottom bowl attached by someone...

13. wouldn't the costs be enough to just buy a new bong?

14. not very clear on my part but clean it and take it in to a glass shop they should be able to cut it for you and attach a bottom to it... it will be weaker they so be careful but its worth a shot.. nice piece btw

15. no idea man just have to shop around, but depends on how attached are to the bong.. i have one i would wouldnt care how much it cost, but if you arent that attached and want a new piece recycle it and take care of the new one....

16. Try to make a steamroller with just the stem. A friend and I made one out or his broken bong and it hits like a champ.

17. dam fucking gross ass pics. yeah i don't think it would be very practical to fix although im sure it could be done. what i was thinking is what if you submerged it in a shallow bucked of water when you wanted to smoke?? idk if it would work im really high just poped into my head :smoking:

18. haha wasn't expecting the mild gore but no you will never be able to repair that, cut your losses and start saving up for a new piece.

19. #19 Paloob, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
    sorry but you're a complete idiot, i could already tell this by the fact you said you didn't fill up all the percs with water. and it looks like you only filled up the top one, which means you didn't know how to fill up the other ones, so i'm not surprised you broke it while cleaning it, which is another reason you're a complete idiot. molding plastic and taping it? just stop and recycle it. :confused_2: < without the sad look, and more of a "you deserved it" look.

name calling isn't allowed here.

20. Yes there are blowers that could repair that into a straight tube or an inline. That being said, you already sunk way too much money into that tube when you bought it so it's not really worth it. The tube was overpriced to start.