20 Signs That The United States Is Rapidly Becoming A Totalitarian Big Brother Police

Discussion in 'Politics' started by edward, Mar 18, 2010.

1. 20 Signs That The United States Is Rapidly Becoming A Totalitarian Big Brother Police State

2. You should probably go stock up on guns or bullets or something.

3. No thanks, resistance is futile at this point.

The answer is spiritual, not physical. There's something big going on here - good versus evil.

4. Sounds like a lot of stuff to be afraid of.

Let's try not doing that and see what happens.

5. #5 MountyBounty, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
    #21. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHk9Q3Fv6g"]Police using drones [/ame]

6. You should probably care about civil liberties

Edit: I think you meant to say stock up on ammunition not bullets. ;)

7. It was sarcasm ;)

8. It's not a nice list, especially the part about taking people's DNA simply for being arrested. To me, the root of the problem is in authority - it's in the police, in the government, in the military, in all of these institutions which hold power over the civilians and are out there to manipulate the people for their own ends. They are the ones trying to whip up fear of 'terrorism', but they're the one's CAUSING the terrorism through their aggression overseas, comfortably far away from the population. These institutions, while comprised undoubtebly of many good individuals who genuinely do want to serve the people as the institutions should, are lead and headed by those that are fully aware of what they are doing and are dipping their beaks by way of playing the people like puppets on a string. Only when we dissolve these institutions will we have equality, and through equality there won't be anyone to manipulate the people.

9. If we are going down dark paths should you not leave? While leaving is possible?

10. Leave and go where exactly? This idea that people can just give up their livelihoods and leave isn't really a luxury that everyone can entertain. Where exactly do people experience freedom if not the in the United States?

11. Yet you claim that freedom is not here? Or soon will not be?

12. I find that more and more interesting the longer I read it.

13. Do you follow the US's policies at all or do you live in a cave? Have you heard of the USA PATRIOT Act? How about the suspension of habeas corpus?

How about the 20 things listed in the OP? Are those not examples of people's freedoms being stripped away right here in the United States?

14. Hence my point. If you feel your civil liberties are being taken away, then would you not be happier in a country where you were free to enjoy them?

You say that one should find freedom in the United States, but then you claim such freedoms are attacked.

Which is it?

15. I think it can be quite enlightening to realize that physically moving isn't an option. Hope must lie elsewhere.

16. I posed this question in my last post and you ignored it: where exactly am I free to enjoy my civil liberties?

Furthermore, if I'm not capable of leaving (don't have the means to just pick up and move to a foreign land) what do you suggest I do? Just hope I don't get thrown in jail for exercising my rights?

17. The modern "United States" is not the same "United States" as it used to be. I think we're now "The United States Under The Oppressive Rule Of the Unconstitutionally Powerful Federal Government Of America" or something along those lines.

The real "America" died a long time ago. You're talking about a totally different country with the same name.

18. I don't know, I happen to enjoy my liberties daily, such as smoking, whether the law stops me or not.

Canada has some good policy's.

Seriously.

And you always have a choice, talk to people in Cuba on rafts about leaving a place without liberties.

We are surely a far cry from what the founding fathers would have wanted.

19. Really, isn't it a little naive to believe that the United States was ever what it was 'supposed' to be? I mean, the founding father's had a great vision, but has it ever actually been implemented properly? The history books might tell us what was constitutional, what was against the law, and also notable cases when the law was officially altered (like habeus corpus in the Civil War). But is one to believe that there was not just as much if not a lot more corruption, a lot more abuse/ignoring of the law back then than their is now?

The media, for all the shit that it feeds us, serves one good purpose, and that is that they're always hounding for a story; political scandals are all the rage. This means there are hundreds of people out there just asking questions, sticking their noses into what some would argue isn't their business. Nevertheless, although obviously corruption goes undetected, I think that journalists and other members of the media might actually serve as watchdogs of a sort - when they're not just hyping up fear...

20. [quote name='Mist425']Really, isn't it a little naive to believe that the United States was ever what it was 'supposed' to be? I mean, the founding father's had a great vision, but has it ever actually been implemented properly? The history books might tell us what was constitutional, what was against the law, and also notable cases when the law was officially altered (like habeus corpus in the Civil War). But is one to believe that there was not just as much if not a lot more corruption, a lot more abuse/ignoring of the law back then than their is now?

The media, for all the shit that it feeds us, serves one good purpose, and that is that they're always hounding for a story; political scandals are all the rage. This means there are hundreds of people out there just asking questions, sticking their noses into what some would argue isn't their business. Nevertheless, although obviously corruption goes undetected, I think that journalists and other members of the media might actually serve as watchdogs of a sort - when they're not just hyping up fear...[/QUOTE]

Which is often.