20/4 versus 24/0 for veg

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by herba4, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Hey everyone, new to the site and loving it...

Now in my 3rd grow and wondering why not go for 24/0 lights for veg portion of a small stealth grow. I've got an open room with adequate humidity and airflow, and thus far have had good early growth with 24 hr always on lighting. Is it really necessary to have 20/4 lighting to "stimulate root developement?" My girls are looking pretty good so far!
    Thanks for any input. Always like to learn!

2. some growers grow 24hrs and it works out fine i do 20 hrs and its fine so i say do what works for you :smoke:

3. #3 aj69420g, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    I have 6 solid recorded bagseed grows under my belt (4 w/ HID 2 CFLs) This is my seventh (my journal) and my last 3 grows I've used this method and have had more successful vegetative root development.

1- Leave in the dark until they pop out of the soil.
    2- 24/0 for 9-10 days
    3- Start giving it darkness a little bit every day 1 hour the first day, then add 1 hour each day until your on a 20/4 light schedule (as nature would do.)

i wouldnt do 18/6, I just think its a waste of possible time for photosynthesis, and cellular reproduction.

I've just had success with this and would recommend it until you flower.

Hope I helped :)

4. I like 18/6 as it gives the equipment a rest if nothing else but I used 24/0 for my last 3 lots of veggy's. They both worked about the same, maybe they grew a little bit more with 24/0. The results are in my journal

Peace

5. No reason at all to do so 24/0 until u switch to flowering 12/12