Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Boomboom4200, Mar 12, 2016.

1. #1 Boomboom4200, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Hu

2. #2 Fataqui, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    I don't see where you would have a problem, just make sure your inner tent in truly light proof if you are planning to use one for vegging and the other for flowering. For venting / ducting / filtering, I would use a 6" inch passive, at the bottom, going into the outer tent, then a 4" inch passive, at the bottom, going into the inner tent, then I would have a 4" inch exhaust somewhere hear the top in your inner tent. That 4" inch exhaust would be powered by a a small 4" inline booster fan 100cfm that would pull air into the outer tent. But make sure that exhaust vent gets hooked to your 6" inch carbon filter that will be in the outer tent via a 4" inch c-band vent connector. Place the 4" inch c-band vent connector on the side of your 6" inch carbon filter that is furthest away from the fan that is pulling air through your 6" inch carbon filter. Then the fan that will pull air through your 6" inch carbon filter to the outside of your outer tent needs to be at least 440cfm.

Pre-made c-band connectors are hard to find but they are easy to make. I have often wondered why they never became popular because they make it rather easy to do things like this, and to filter cool hood reflectors rather easily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Subbed

Sent from my SM-N900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Ha , thanks, actually forgot all about this thread
    Seems I changed course. I ended up using the entire 5x5 tent, so no room for the 2x2, I have 9 autos under a 600w MH, 400w MarsII and a Mars 300 w,
    Between those plants, the bucket of bubbling water and the seedlings started there is no room left
    Trying to talk the wife into letting me add the 2x2 for strictly veg,

5. Yeah, I hear you, we never seem to have enough room to grow are babies, LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would be concerned if they were on two different lighting cycles. #1 cause of plants going hermie are poorly light-proofed grow areas, allowing light in during dark periods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Nah , i wouldn't have a problem with light leaks,I got a bunch of the black 4 and 6" ducting, everything is always sealed up nice, no damn room inside the tent anymore , they grow up so fas

8. With a passive intake tho wouldn't light get out? Plus every tent that I've seen isn't completely light proof. Zippers and stitching leak light.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Didn't even think of the zippers , or the passives, and yep my zippers leak light, good looking out

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah my tent, as much as I like it, leaks through the zippers, so it would be tough to have 2 separate lighting cycles. Although if you spaced out the timing, it might not be an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Only way I see it working is the big tent for veg. But that wouldn't work cuz flowering plants are bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Updates

13. #13 Boomboom4200, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Hu

14. Keep me linked to that journal

15. Nah I havnt started a journal, I tried a couple times but never follow thru, I will update on NE Farmers outdoor adventure, the Mars hydro page and the comparative page, mabey I will make my own again eventually

• Like Like x 1
  16. Oh okay