2 weeks left?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by oryalse, Feb 5, 2017.

1. I'm thinking 2 weeks more what do u guys think?I checked the trichomes on a sugar leaf sample they were almost all milky...haven't got a good look at the bud trichomes though having a hard time with the microscope.... any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. I'd say at least 2 weeks more but it wouldn't surprise me if it could take 3-4 weeks more. Lookin good, go off of bud trichomes not sugar leaf glands. I recommend buying a cheap macro lens kit for your cell phone, 15x or more. You can pick one up for about $20 and they are worth every penny. Just stick it on and snap some pics, then sit back and zoom in on your pics to look at all the trichomes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's some type of kush from bag seed... so I don't know the exact strain but most kush are around 8 weeks right? And my plants are about 7 weeks into flower. I hope I don't have 3-4 more to go...

4. You have at least and I mean at the very least three more weeks left for best potency and taste, maybe even 4-5 more weeks...I've learned through the years however long the breeders say the plant will take to flower add at least another two weeks on average...Here's a pic of one of my plants ready for harvest 13 weeks flowering, if you look at the leaves you can clearly see amber trichomes, hopefully they don't trash the pic when I upload it [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. It's pushing a lot of white hairs still. It may go 10 weeks. Don't be impatient. Beautiful buds. I've had plants go 14 weeks. You have to let them ripen on their own. Don't force it. Flowering times vary with strain and phenotype within a strain. I have one GDP pheno that is 8 weeks on the day done and the other is 9 or 9 1/2. It all depends on the particular plant. Most plants take on a "done" appearance and don't look so white like yours when they are close to done. Some skunk strains are exceptions and typically finish with lots of white hairs showing still.

6. And defiantly go by thrichomes and look at multiple buds not just one and evaluate the overall percentage of the buds .. I've heard some finish sooner than others like the tallest buds usually finish first . Nothing beats a 80x jeweler's loup

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. I think far too many people preach the 15% amber method. It really depends on where you take your sample if this is reliable. If you go by the tallest tops they will be amber quite early where if you take your sample from a middle more light shielded area it won't be amber for a long while. You more want to take the tricombs into consideration as a tool and look at that and the overall look of the plant to judge when it's done. If you cut down too early you're going to sacrifice yield for sure as a healthy plant will continue to swell until it's actually ripe no matter what you think it's schedule should be.

Every different garden based on it's different lighting and environment will cause a plant to ripen at different rates so there's no standard length of time. It's more of a guide. Cobs and DWC hydro have been known to reduce ripening and veg time compared to other setups. Also warmer gardens ripen faster.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alot of great insight thx!!!
    I'll just have to continue to be patient I'm in no hurry... just was wanting some sort of gauge to how long left lol.also was wondering about the whole changing back to mh at the end of flower cycle does it actually do good for the plant or should I just stick with hps for the whole flowering?

9. I would like to also know if a MH at the very end helps .. I'm on week 3 literally today .. under 1000w dimmable . Only running them on 600w [​IMG]

10. I've never heard of that MH at the end. I have heard of a lot of people ditching using the MH at all and vegging with the HPS because it's more lumens per watt and a more efficient bulb overall compared to MH. The idea is the MH spectrum is better for veg but tends to run slightly hotter depending on the brand.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's what I have heard as well I was going to possibly run one hps and one mh both 1000w in 4x8... tent this pic is half of the tent

12. I read tht changing back to mh at the end helps trichome production...
    Was wondering if it's true

13. Also I just switched to a eye hortilux super hps but it doesn't seem as red spectrum as my normal hps is that normal and ok?I know there supposed to have more added blue and green to em is tht why it appears less red/orange? Am I still getting the same amount of red just not noticing it with the extra blue?