2 weeks left whats up with the all the yellow leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bucketburner, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I have about 2 weeks left on my northern skunk x red dragon grow, there's about 12 of them but this one in particular has fairly decent sized buds but the leaves are abnormally yellow (in my opinion) any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. I'm not familiar with that strain, but at 2 weeks left in your experience they normally won't have that level of yellowing? There's been a lot of yellowing posts lately, I guess because it's that time of year. I even put one up in the organics section. Are brown spots appearing all over the yellow leaves? I get that every year outdoors to an extent. This year has been particularly bad I believe due to such a wet August and the 1st part of Sept. It looks like she's going to finish out fine. IMO, keeping them plucked off as much as possible is the best thing to do. You don't want wet, rotting dead leaves folding over on the colas. HTH.

3. I'm not familiar with it either, it was only made at the beginning of spring in an indoor grow. I know the leaves around this period will start to yellow and fall off as the flower sucks all the nutes it can out of the leaves but this just seemed excessive

Attached Files:

4. there are a few brown spots on the leaves, for about the past week they've been showing up
    it's a bit late into flowering im sure for me to be able to do anything
    I've just been removing the leaves that come off with the slightest pluck

5. That's what I've been doing, just trying to keep diseased leaves plucked off before they have a chance to wilt down onto the flowers. No intentions of hijacking here, but I'd like you to take a look at this plant. I've grown these genetics several times and I can guarantee you that if I had her planted in my old garden spot she would still be green and lush at this point. She would have probably 40% more floral development. I fully believe that if a plant yellows out too soon it cuts back the yield big time. Today I plucked at least 25 leaves that went to hell since last night before I took this pic.
    She was started from seed in June and I put her in a 5 gallon pot in early August.
    I think my problem was a combo of not enough nutes in the grow mix, and an extremely wet summer that got some sort of disease cropping up. We always get a little of this late season, but this is by far he worst I've had.

Attached Files:

6. I have a bluedteam that is yellowing so fast you would think its dying. I think it needed to be in the.ground

7. #7 5150, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
    Give one plant a shot of N and see if it helps. If your using chemicals you should see results fast.

IMO your plants looks normal. I say this for your whole plant is not pale. Just the yellow leafs. And you still have darker green. I think it's saying it just using the N in the leafs. But if I had any question I would give it a shot a N right before you stop feeding. Which should be about now anyway right? A fast shot of N should not hurt anything IMO.

IMO if it was magor N problem this bud would be pale or have the pale look anyway. Does nor meen it will tuen into one though. Just watch it.

[​IMG]

8. Do not fert it with only 2 weeks to go ive had strains that yellow alot like that,The yellower the plant the better it taste.Its sucking all the last nutes out of the leaves to finish the bud,when you chop a plant with alot of green leaves the plant will suck all that nit,pho,potassuim into the bud,you wont have that prob watch itll be smooth tasten goodness.

9. I find now they aren't as sad looking as they were I gave them a nutrient mix of sugar daddy and magi-cal if anyone's familiar with the 2
    one of which is high in N so I'm sure that can't hurt.
    you can use them up until 4 days before cutting which is perfect!
    I'm beyond stoked
    so many trichs!

Attached Files:

10. They are looking close to harvest to me man. That just looks like natural senescence. I've been leary about giving plants late stage N, because once I mixed it too strong and it made my buds re-veg and stretch a bit. As long as you're not getting that brown rot stuff you're goo to go. I'd let those babies go till the cows come home. The more fade you get in the end, the better the cured product will be IMO.