2 weeks into flowering...help sexing and comments plz

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tuffluck, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Well my first experience has truly been up and down, but i am 10 weeks in and 2 weeks into flowering and comming round the home stretch.

If your wondering why 2 are so short, but busy...its because they almost died from drying out and the top buds died so they bushed out when they made their recovery.

Either way, 2 weeks in can anyone give me some comments on my flowering? I am pretty sure they are starting to flower, but since I am a newbie I am not sure. I want to make sure they are entering the flowering stage.

I am not sure if they can be sexed yet, but hopefully so

Attached Files:

2. 2

Attached Files:

3. 3

Attached Files:

4. 5

Attached Files:

5. 6

Attached Files:

6. Pic 3 is definately a female. For the other ones it's still to early to see. Wait another week.
    Peace.

7. it looks like most of the pics are female, you can tell cause males got a ton of lil green pods that grow from the joints of branches but females have long thin hairs and it looks like most of em got those so atleast there female you can make a 2nd attempt sorry to hear about the top bud dieing that would be shitty its the biggest bud if your not growing scrog or sog or nothing

8. 3 and 5 are female.....

9. thanks all!

I think they all may turn out to be female (phew) i know for sure now, thanks to you all that the 2 smaller ones are both female, and I will wait a bit more on mr. big.

btw, In my setup I have the HPS 250w about 5 feet high. The large one is not a problem, but I don't know what to do about the 2 smaller ones. They should be closer to the HPS should they not?, they are about 3 feet away as it is now.

Do you think that will be ok? Or should I find a way to get them closer? The fact that their top buds died and they are bushing out rather than growing tall is a pain in the arse...

I do have 3 160w sprial floros at the bottom....putting out an additional ~5400 lumens do you think this will be enough to support the guys at the bottom with the hps being so far away?

Thanks all.

10. A 250 watter is supposed to hang 25 cm above the tops. You could train the large one by gently bending the top and tie her down, so your canopy is more or less leveled.
    Good luck.

11. dammit i wish i didnt have to keep saying this...

250W should be no more than 6inches from the tops and idealey 4inch.
    more light stockier plants... dencer buds. closer than 4inch i noticed very little differance... but the diff from 4 to 8 inches is huge.

12. Thanks,

I already changed the setup. I moved them up about 1.5 feet using a box. They are still probably 8-10 incehes away from the light, but much closer than before. In about 3-4 days (the way they are growing) they should be well near 6 inches to the light if not closer. And I still got ~3-4 weeks of flowering left.

Hopefully it helps out big time :) If not...i still apprectiate the tip.

13. well from my growing exprince i have found that the males will always show first .. meaning that you well find the tale tale signs of a male almost two weeks ahead of females in some cases . and it seems that you have not quite let your pre flowers develop enough before putting them on 12/12 . i was wondering if you plannning on putting them back 18/6 to let them develop more ? your yield would increase greatly if you let them pre flowers growing alittle more just a suggestion though .

14. just use a bench or chair and place the smaller plants on top so they are closer to the HPS light