2 weeks flowering, no trichomes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by exponent, Dec 15, 2011.

1. I've got three plants that are 15 days into flowering cycle, I see plenty of "bud sites", with lots of white, long pistils - but zero indication of any trichromes anywhere.

Am I being way too impatient? Generally when can I expect to see some of that "frosting" showing up on leaves?

Thanks!

2. try waiting until one month and one week, or one month and 2 weeks in and check back in about those trichromes.. :smoke:

3. HAhah, ok right-on... so in other words: I got a long while to go yet and am being too impatient!

Thanks man for talking me down!

(c8=

Cheers

4. yea wait a lil longer youll wake up one day and be like whats that smell open your grow room and be looking like snow day for you

5. Sweet!

I'll post here when that happens!

6. also post here whenever you have problems with your grow, we like to help! We want to make sure you get to where you want to go so we can partake in the eye candy when you're all done with it.

7. Hi GC...I know this is an old thread but it was the only relevant one that I could find after searching. I was wondering at what age (from 12/12) does trichome production usually begin? All 6 of my plants (3 different strains) had piles of visible trichomes after only 2 weeks from flipping....is this early or normal? Someone in a thread mentioned 5-6 weeks so I am just curious. The little bud leaves are already super frosty at week 3, and even some of the fan leaves near the tops have shiny lines of em!

8. [quote name='"ShovaBlaster"']Hi GC...I know this is an old thread but it was the only relevant one that I could find after searching. I was wondering at what age (from 12/12) does trichome production usually begin? All 6 of my plants (3 different strains) had piles of visible trichomes after only 2 weeks from flipping....is this early or normal? Someone in a thread mentioned 5-6 weeks so I am just curious. The little bud leaves are already super frosty at week 3, and even some of the fan leaves near the tops have shiny lines of em![/quote]

I started getting a lot if trichomes around week 3 on mine 2. On week four and it looks like a fairy jizzed all over my buds!:)

9. #9 morange, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    I usually start noticing the very start of trichomes in week 2, sometimes 3 depending on the strain. There seems to be a threshold though, I'm not quite exactly sure when, but you stop noticing one day and the buds are just absolutely covered in trichomes, steadily getting more resinous as it ripens.

Some strains though develop trichomes very early though. I know one of my humboldt plants, which has hash plant genetics in it, has very small trichs on the vegging mother plant leaves :eek:. I had never seen that before I keep it around because of it's extra resin coverage.

10. I have a Crazy Miss Hyde that's starting to show crystals, and she's still in veg. I can't wait to see how she turns out, after 10-12 weeks of veg time.

11. Only a couple of strains in my current grow are starting to show trichome production, and they are on day 27 today. I snipped a tiny leaf off Jack Herer to test my new microscope and she only had a few trichomes just starting to form.

12. Thanks everyone! I was just curious when they start to show as I've read all sorts of things. Seems to be highly strain and condition specific. Mine are now all covered at 3.5 weeks flower, I'm pretty stoked. My white widow are going to be insanely frosty, even the big fan leaves closer to the top are coated already......mmmmmm. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Y can't I upload any pix?? I too am two weeks about 16 days rather into flower with no tricomes glad I saw this room thanx guys! Any help uploading pix too a great help

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm in week 3-4 of flower. One day, woke up and trichomes everywhere. Patience grasshoppah!

Be kind. Perfect your craft. Give more than you take. We are family.

• Like Like x 1