2 week old sprout

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jkillivory21, May 3, 2015.

1. I have a 2week old sprout and its supposed to be an auto but I'm thinking its a photo because of the slow growth compared to the others. Its been outdoors. It did a long stretch before the 2nd set of leafs showed. Could it be a photo or a auto ? Its supposed to be either an auto fem purple or fem silver widow. I got them thru original sensible. uploadfromtaptalk1430684119932.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1430684132585.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1430684142073.jpg

2. Hummm.....I think you have a hurdle or two to get over first. Are you sure this plant is 14 days old? If that is true then we really need to look at the reason for it very small size. I would expect a 2 week old plant to be on it's 5th node at least( 5th set of leaves). It looks like you are growing outdoors. Has it been very cold where you are at? This may be a reason for it being stunted. There is no way to tell if a plant is an auto or photoperiod plant just by looking at it.

3. Lowest its been was 52 degrees since its been out. Im going to Give it another week and see how it is.

4. wow that plant needs more light !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. That plant is outside. With light 12 hours a day.

6. Not all strains grow as quick as others. How often are you watering? Overwatering could lead to slow growth. 12 hours of sunlight is plenty enough so thats obviously not the problem. Also 52 is pretty chilly. Whenever mine was out in those colder nights i was as well worried about the growth rate but now that the nights are warmer its really took off. Many things to take into consideration. Your roots may not have taken a good foot hold yet. As long as its healthy i wouldnt worry to much. 

7. It gets up in the 70s during the day now. I water every other day. I had auto purple and silver widow seeds but i accidentally got them mixed together lol. I think this is the silver widow because the rest shot up

8. #8 SomeRandomNewb, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    Yeah im outdoors and its 75-80 days 60-65 nights. (still a little chilly) everyother day watering is probably to much. I only need to water every 4-5 days. Im at day 32 i believe it is and have only watered 6 times so far. Roots need oxygen in order to grow quick and strong and they cant get that oxygen if the soil is constantly soaked. 

9. I'll cut my watering schedule. How are you checking soil ? I see that top is completely dry so i water. Maybe im just worrying its not going to grow without water.

10. Just simply dip my finger in. I also have a moisture meter. It needs to be completely dry probably up to around your 2nd knuckle. Dont worry man everybody has the urges to give em all the love possible when you first start. You gotta let them roots try to chase the water and that will = faster growth. Also the more fan leaves you gain throughout the cycle will speed growth due to more leaves = more photosynthesis. 

11. I was looking at a digital moisture tester the other day. I might grab one. I'll probably just water every 4 days or so

12. At the beginning of my plants lives i was able to check on them everyday but once they started getting big i had to move them to there permanent home last week. Now that they are alot further off and literally gotta walk through snake alley and pick off like 15 ticks after every trip i was basically forced to start a watering schedule (not recommended) so now here is my schedule (Wednesday=Feed, Saturday=Water, Wednesday=Water, Saturday=Feed, Wednesday=Water, Saturday=Water) So on so fourth. If you have access to them whenever you want i recommend only when soil is actually dry not the amount of days. Just my 2 cents.    

13. I'll get the moisture meter and work out a schedule with it. Im not near ready to use nutrients yet

14. #14 SomeRandomNewb, May 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015
    I used mine at 17 days at 1/4 strength. Your close. 

15. What do you use ? I haven't even looked at nutes yet

16. Its not ready to harvest. :D

17. Obviously lol it has no buds developed yet 😂😂

18. I just kept it simple with fox farm trio. Started at 17 days at 1/4 strength at fed half strength at day 32, in another week or so ill feed 3/4 and in about 2 wks - 2 1/2 weeks ill finally be at full strength. So far they have been taking it very well with no burn at all. I also include cal-mag in with the feedings. 

19. This plant is no where near ready to handle nutes regardless of age!!!!!

20. As you notice I said your close, I didn't say to add any. This is when I decided to add to mine.

Attached Files: