2 week old marijuana plant dying

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GhostSmoke420, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Here's how far they are from the light. You can't really tell but I measures it with my iPhone and it's an iPhone far from the light

Attached Files:

2. What type of light is that? The way i tell if my lights are too close is with the back of my hand. Put it beneath the light at the top of your plants and if its pretty warm to you its probably too warm for your plant.

3. [quote name='"jmac420"']What type of light is that? The way i tell if my lights are too close is with the back of my hand. Put it beneath the light at the top of your plants and if its pretty warm to you its probably too warm for your plant.[/quote]

It's a t5

Attached Files:

4. In that case you should be good about where you are. Between 2-3" above your plants. Use the hand trick i stated just to make sure

5. Yeah I did the trick and also had it for a good while and to me it's perfect where they are at :)

6. As long as things look good to you then that's what matters. I think some one said it but a fan right on them will definitely strengthen them right up.

7. Should it be a big fan or a small one I have a small one to be more specific kinda like a toy one

8. This one here

Attached Files:

9. Ive got 2 12" oscillating fans in a 6x5 area and they are both pointing right onto the plants and i have 1/4" stems they love it.

10. Niceeee! I'm gonna hit my nearest Cvs later on today and get a nice fan

11. There you go. Start it off on the lowest setting, then kick it up a bit ever couple days. Eventually you should have the same results. Nice strong plants with thick stems.

12. Yeah. How long do I leave the fan on for though?

13. 24/7. Depends on what your seeing from your plants. But all the time ia usually the way to go.

14. Daaamn that's gonna be a problem because it'll make noise and they don't know I'm growing it I can only have it for like 8 hours

15. Maybe get a different one. A little smaller. You want it to run as long as your lights are on at least

16. if you just get one plant under that light it will do a lot better than trying to grow both since its not a high wattage light

17. parent's house?

18. Grandpas house. It's okay with him but my aunt and uncle live there too and they'll snitch me out to my parents :/

19. You have been given lots of good advice, it can be over welling at first. Start taking notes of what you do every day, water, light, nutes.... But since your being stealthy make sure no one can find your journal. A fan will really help in at least 3 ways. It will make the plants move around, thus thicker stalks = stronger plants. Two, air exchange to keep the CO2 moving in and the Oxygen the plants produce moving out. And three, heat control from the light. All this has been mentioned before for you by knowledgeable people, I'm just summing it up.
    Also, adding a CO2 supplement will help a lot. A simple water, sugar, yeast mixture in a bottle will help. Just search for posts on CO2.

You also need to start thinking about odor control. It may not be an issue today but in a month it will be.

Is it possible to leave a radio on to cover the fan noise?

20. Yeah great advice thank you to everyone :). My family gave me a hint that they found out about the plants I'm not really open to them as much so I told my friend if he can put it in his ranch he said its fine, my question is, I have it indoor for 2 weeks will it affect the plant if i make the change to Growing it outdoor? Im worried that the plant will break off and the wind will take it