Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

2 week jar cure?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TOKRFRED, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Hey everyone, I just picked up some fresh dank and just finished drying it myself. I have 2 weeks left in my t-break and was wondering if a 2 week jar cure would be worth it? If so, how often should I open the jars and how long should I leave it open for?

2. If it's just done drying then jar it up and burp it a few times a day. Leave them open for at least 10-15 minutes if you can burp a few times daily. Otherwise do longer burps like 30-60 mins once a day, though it's more risky for mold and less "proper" for a lack of a better word. Usually at the end of the first week you'll be burping only once a day, and then less to not at all from there on out (just keep an eye on it). For cheap you can get Boveda 62% humidity packs to help ensure you aren't letting them get too moist or too dry.

Definitely worth doing this. A longer cure is better, but a 2 week cure is still much better than none at all.

3. 2 weeks? lol

2months makes a huge difference in quality

This time I am using Boveda72s.They are better for cigar humidor, so likely better for cannabis curing

4. pretty good quickie of a tutorial
    this link in my opinion is by far the best quick walk through of how to PROPERLY cure your buds. i can not stress enough the kind of ganja people miss out on by fucking the cure up. it starts by getting the ganja to the proper point of being dried / moist. there is a reason and a science to it. this is pretty much what i do although i open one jar early to get a quick sniff. this way i don't fuck all of my jars up if i get that ammonia smell or other mold like smells. just a quick open shut so i don't waste to much of the goodness that is going on in there. if it smells funky out it comes to dry thoroughly. that is why it is so important to sample one of the cars between opening times of all of the jars. once you get it right the first time you wont fuck it up again if ever. but it is always safer just to be sure.

the last time i purchased a little weight for myself {QP} i kept it yummy and delicious for 7 months. it has to, got to, absolutely be in glass jars that have a screw on air tight lid. the pineapple express was so magical after 5 months. i kept the majority of the ounce i had in a jar for most of that time. i smoked through, made concentrates and edibles with the other three ounces before i opened that jar. everyone thought i was out. that was by far the best ganja i have smoked in my life. i am sure the ganja itself was amazing, but when cured properly it turns into gold. magnifies it in some way. people get all giddy when they smell that ganja. take that first hit of fruity goodness so concentrated and delicious they kind make weird faces and shit. or if they are standing they do a little dance. ya man, that is the kind of thing a proper cure can bestow upon some killer ganja.

i want to hit some of these youngsters who keep their buds in a bag in their pants pocket in the side of the head with a brick. i kid, but you get my point. hope this helps some body out. [​IMG]