2 Urban Poison feminized 2x23w cfl lst First grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by everydayplacebo, May 1, 2012.

1. #1 everydayplacebo, May 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
    According to the bulbs i got 1750 lumens each.
    The closet is 2x5x5 So I'm going to have to lst to get these to fit.
    I started 2 feminized Urban poison seeds from Nirvana on the 21st using a paper towel in a zipper bag. 3 days and each had a decent sized root so I planted them in Miracle Grow all purpose potting soil. I couldn't find anything without nutes or specifically said soil-less and the staff at Lowe's weren't much help. By the 26th they had broken ground, but one seemed to be a bit behind the other. They are growing noticeably every day. Their fan leaves are getting huge (compared to the embryonic leaves) I aslo found a plant at a campsite we were scouting. I don't know how I saw it, but it is clearly a marijuana seedling. It is now in the window sill in the same potting soil. It will be isolated until I can dertimine if there are pests and treat if necessary. It looks to be only a few days old. The 2 in the paper towels and the last 2 close-ups are of this plant.

Attached Files:

2. Everything is going smoothly as my plants continue to grow. The plant I found is growing very slowly, as I expected after all the root trauma of the impromptu transplant. However, new growth is visible as the second set of leaves are almost half the size of the embryonic leaves. The main girls are almost at their third nodes. I can see the new growth coming through quite quickly. My estimated flowing date, based on reading about other Urban Poison grows, is a week from today. Does anyone know if this is a reasonable time frame, based on the pictures? I think I might not make the deadline.

3. #3 everydayplacebo, May 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2012
    I have determined that I am not going to make it. I don't want to rush my first grow. I did decide to try to clone. I took a small one to minimize potential damage to Jeanie. The plant I found did not make it. I have several hypotheses about what may have happened. As a result I think I have a pretty good idea of what i can to to insure the survival of another one.
    These look like indicas so far. :( I switched them to 24/0 and noticed some faster growth at first. I think upward growth is slowing, but there are several new branches coming out. :D
    I decided to lst Savannah, so I took the clone from Jeanie.
    Jeanie has some leaves with 4 fingers. I'm on the lookout for 6
    Here are some updated pictures.

Attached Files:

4. P.s. I noticed I had some yellow spots. There are these little gnats zipping around sometimes. I never see more than 1 or 2 at a time. I put down some flying insect bate. Not in the soil though.