2 Sprouts 1 Seed???

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Gooch, Nov 20, 2007.

1. I have 10 seedlings going now. They all sprouted about 1-2 days ago and I went to check on em when I awoke this morning to check on my babies my biggest and so far strongest looking one had a second sprout appearing at the base. WTF I know for a fact I only put one seed per starter cube. Has anyone else seen this kinda thing before?

Should I just go ahead and snip the newb at the base now like my instinct is tellin me? I don't want to hurt the other one cause as I said, right from the beginning it was the best looking one of the lot.:confused:

2. I think kill it is the sensible option.. if it came from the same seed then it's pobably like a clone of the other one, and it will compete with the other one for water/food/space. But I'd probably be tempted to leave it and see what happens!

3. I wouldn't kill it, as it's part of the same plant. Just has some weirdness happen underground that caused it to split off. It's like a plant that came pre-topped.

I'd consider it a sign of good luck!

4. def. keep it :D

5. Keep it bro. then start a thread on here about this seedling (with pics) so we can all check it out and stay updated on its progress. sound interesting!