2 Seeds From Last Years Crop 2 Total Different Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by barbysguy, Jul 7, 2014.

1. I got 2 seeds from my blue lemon Thai plant that was pollinated from a white widow. They are both great looking plants but the thing that gets me is why are they so different, unstable genetics? I wanted to cross them again with a el Diablo. Thanks for any advice

Attached Files:

2. Hey! The plants look nice and healthy! Its pretty clear the top PIC has more of the white widow look while the bottom kept more of the Thai genetics. You just got 2 different phenos types which is very common for a first breeding.

Peace and love,
    PyspherE

3. That's how genetics work mate. Inbreeding helps stabilize.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Do you look exactly like your siblings?  Probably not.

5. Exactly.while some traits are shared, e.g. hair color,eye color, your not even close phenotypically, same same with weed...unless your inbred.....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Thank you for the replies and yeah o kinda figured that it's because of the 2 different genetic make ups. The only way to stabilize the genetics is to cross breed with either a white widow or the blue lemon Thai, does it really matter which plant is the male? I pollinated the Thai with a male white widow. I still have a few WW seeds but no Thai seeds.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You kinda have 2 options. You could back breed with the parent strains or you could inbreed the f1 (first gen) seeds. The key here is to mate the plants that have the traits you want! Breeding to stabalize the genetics you want can take quite awhile and a lot of times is very hard work.

Peace and love,
    PyspherE