2 Purple Voodoo+800W+hydro...3 weeks left

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SVTSVT, Jan 13, 2009.

1. #1 SVTSVT, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2009
    Hey guys. I promised I would keep a grow journal for my boy's crop and I finally have time to make it. Luckily for you guys the boring part is out of the way. Germinated 7 purple voodoo seeds from the california bean bank (keeping fingers crossed it'll turn purple). Two females were all that came out of 7 seeds, and they have been topped and feemed(sp?). I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot so I'll be updating as I remember.

Whats all involved:

-2 400w hortilux super hps bulbs
    -Full Dutch Master nutes (way to much to list)
    -Hygrozyme
    -H2o2
    -Fulvic acid
    -Super thrive
    -Liquid light
    -Sweet leaf
    -Two different foliar sprays, purplemax and pure flowers
    -Co2 System (20lb tank, c.a.p. regulator, digital ppm meter)
    -Top feeding system
    -5x5 closet
    -5 gallon pots
    -Awsome ventilation

I have an amazing list of how and what was done so if anyone has any questions I'm sure I can answer them. In addition to this setup he has a 125W cfl keeping all of his clones alive, we have tons of different strains under there now, just waiting for the purple voodoo to finish.

The kids:

Hang tight more pics in a second.....

2. #2 SVTSVT, Jan 13, 2009
    Few weeks later:

Then there was two:

Most recent which are WEEKS old.

3. The last pictures you see are weeks old. I'm gonna try an ride out and and snap some pics either today or tommarow. There like 2-3 times the size of the last pics....

4. looking good so far and ill be watching. good luck

5. Is he doing any kind of ScrOG for those two plants? Otherwise, I hope he put one of the 400w bulbs back in the box. No need for one 400w bulb per plant.

6. They have been tied back a bit. I agree 800W is a bit overkill but these plants are huge now. I'm going to try and get some more pics tonight. The last pics I have do no justice to these ladies.

7. Well, he' the boss ha. Keep the pics coming. Everything looks great.

8. Hah, that he is. Just talked to him and I'm riding out there after my hockey game to snap some updated pics. I promise the update tonight will be worth it for you guys to check out. New pics will be up by 10pm.:cool:

9. Keep up the journal sounds real nice man !!!!

Best Regards EAzyGReen ...:D

10. they look healthy and bushy, good job. one thing id recommend to increase yield since you have gotten them so nicely bushy, is to do pruning of the leaves. do more than think would be ok, trust me it will increase yield if you pick the right leaves. start at the top and pick all leaves that are blocking budsites, try to turn tall colas on their side, and pull the bush open so you get more light penetration. if you prune properly, which by the time youre flushing you should have pulled EVERY leaf without trichomes, you will increase your yield dramatically, especially since you have 400W of light per plant. lastly for these if you want a nice clean taste in the end, flush for at least 3 weeks before harvest with at least double the normal amount of feeding solution but with just plain tap water (ie if you have 5gallons a day nute soln pumped through or fed with, flush with 10 gallons plain tap water per day for the 3 week minimum) good luck and post some new pics soon!

11. #11 SVTSVT, Jan 14, 2009
    I don't lie, heres what they look like now! FYI 34 inches tall, 42 inches around. They cover the 5x5 closet like its nothing.

Asleep:

Awake:

Tric's popping up everywhere:

Set-up+ nutes:

I love having awsome friends!

12. #12 SVTSVT, Jan 14, 2009
    Forgot to add a pic of the clone room:
    Clone machine:

13. lookin gorgeous man im lovin it. definitely definitely take a look at my previous post before your most recent pics. you wanna make sure you flush a crop that beauitful properly to get the most out of it. keep up the good work!

14. On the last week, I use Advanced Nutrients final phase. I flush with that combined with sweet leaf, and carbo load for 5 days, the use RO water for 3 days. The taste comes out more in the curing practice, but it's hard to beat good "selected genetics." All of my plant have been selected from mothers 1-3 years old, in which i cloned out the selected genetics which were most desireable

15. Yea, I asked him how long he planned on flushing them for and he said 8 days. Seems like all the dank plants around here get 2-3 weeks of flushing. I gave him my log on so he might pop up here in a little to clarify. Thanks for the props guys! :smoking:

16. i flush between veg and flower, 4 weeks into flower, and 8 days on the end. I run final phase by advance nutrients, combinedwith a homemade sweetner and carbo load. The only time I have had to flush tha far out, was when i was running a 13 part nutrient system, with advance nutrients, using organics and beneficials. then I would flush every week. as far as trimming the foialage, i trim them alot, but as close as they are to finish, last time i tried to trim all non-resinated leaves, I sent the plant int shock in the 8 week of flowering. I was pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Yea my friends done with trimming to avoid exactly what happend to your plants. What a drag that would be.

18. 1 week left, I'll try and get some more pics today or tommarow

19. #19 BuddhaLova, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    Judging by the pictures, you may want to wait a while longer...they look like they need longer than 3 weeks. I'm REALLY serious on this one too man. Literally 95% of the herb I get is cut down early, no matter how good it looks or smells. It makes me sad to see people make that mistake, especially when I'm the one who suffers. I go by the saying...."If it looks ready, wait another week." I know it's really really hard to wait that long, especially when they do look ripe, but you won't be sorry. 50% of the THC is packed into the buds in the final 2 weeks, so you could be missing out on a whole lot of cannabinoid-filled trichomes.

Really, you'll thank me later :) Don't go by the calendar, plants have body language just like humans do. Go by them, not what the seed bank says is right. The times they give are just estimates. Good luck man, I've never heard of the strain but Purple Voodoo sounds ridiculously good.

Edit: Oh, and if you really want that purple to come out, fyi some of the purple strains don't turn purple until the last few weeks of flowering...like a tree turning colors in the fall. So there's just one more reason :)

20. damn dude, i don't grow or anything, but i just picked up some purple voodoo.... and this shit is dank. not all of the buds are purple, but the ones that are look so amazing.
    shits dank.

......so high :smoke: