2 plants vegging under 125 w CFL

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by covertntrovert, Mar 31, 2008.

1. I have 2 plants in a cabinet I have in an unattached, poorly insulated garage under 24/0. I was wondering, can I veg them in the cabinet, and then once I'm ready to flower, put them in the sun. I will buy an HPS if I can afford one once it's time to flower. Anyone had an success doing this? Will natural 18/6 sunlight be enough to flower a 24/0 vegged plant? Will I HAVE to 12/12 instead?

2. unless its an autoflowering, you need to switch to 12/12 to flower a plant as it represents the short days of autumn.

3. i mean some plants flower in what ever schedule they in...

Edit:how many k is that cfl... it might not be enough

4. if one of those is a male you can flower one plant with that light...just go to walmart and grab like two 2700k cfls you'll be fine...oh yeah like 26watts++++

5. i never said anything about flowering with a CFL dude... anyone out there understand english?

6. maybe some bold typing will help...

by the time i am ready to flower, i will have about 15 hours of daylight. can i just leave the plant outside for the rest of flowering or will I need to take it back inside after 12 hours ... is three hours that big of a deal?

7. you think being rudes gonna answer your question?

8. jesus tapdancing christ ... i was just asking a question dude...

9. i ask a question about vegging with cfl and flowering with sun and someone tells me to get some uber brightzORRXZ warm white 23 watt cfl for flowering ... i dont know where you saw this "rude" behavior ... but if you think i'm being rude then carry on ... if you UNDERSTAND my question and think you have an answer for it then i sincerely appreciate it. i dont know ... maybe it's just me

10. dude, just try it. worst thing that will happen is it will stay in a Veg state..
    experiment and learn from your own mistakes.
    not too many people on GC that indoor grow will waste a plant to the outside bugs and elements. these plants are our baby's and we dont want anything to happen to them, we keep them in controlled environments for tons of reasons.
    and 24/0 to 15/9 is a big deal. the plant still will know not to flower.
    it has to have that 12 hour push to sex and flower.
    unless it sex's itself in veg. under 18/6 or 24/0 and that can happen due to plant maturity..

11. now that, ladies and gentlemen, is the robust, experienced answer i was looking for. thank you very much smashio

i just hate it when someone reads half my thread and says "i've screwed in a lightbulb before so i must be a professional"

anyway ... i'm just going to leave it in the cabinet and fork out the $200 for the ballast and bulb.

12. good choice man and good luck with the grow:cool:
    you should start a journal if you get the chance. i would like to see how you do.

13. It was =)