2 plants one 50 gallon storage tub

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Domalley20, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Hey so I have four plants and I have two in 150 gallon Storage tub and two more in another one . I'm hearing a lot about not having to plants in the same pot but I'm thinking that there is so much dirt in space in the 50 gallon tubs that they will just be smaller plants but be just fine. They are a little over a month now and are coming along great . any advice? Transplant them at this point or just let them be

2. I don't have any experience, or real opinion on it, but I've read over and over not to do it for several reasons. First reason, and probably the most crucial, is that each plant needs different things at different times, you could end up causing issues with one while trying to fix an issue with the other. Having a male pop up, if you're paying attention isn't a big deal you can just chop it off at the dirt line and get rid of it. They may require different watering needs, if one is drinking more water it would, I'd think, make that side of the container dry out quicker, how do water only one plant in that situation?

That said, I'm sure many have done it and had it work, but many have also pulled their hair out as well.

Not sure you should transplant at this point, roots are probably crossing and you'd have to chop roots to accomplish it. As long as they aren't right beside each other I suppose you could try it, no guarantee on the outcome but several people root trim and often roots get damaged during transplant anyway. If they're very close to each other, you'll probably do more harm than good. Got any pics?

Just my $.02, lots of variables to think about before you decide and my advice is simply what I would have considered if I'd done it myself.

Happy smoke trails! :love-m3j:

3. You can have multiple plants in the same area....

I have 4 plants in a 4X4 box and they all are just doing fine...

4. 50 gallons*** not 150
    i agree completely . But as of right now they are all growing at the same rate and are All around 2 feet. That said, I wouldn't do this again now that I know. They are all female and all have fox tails poping up all over. Not sure if I should veg longer.. I have till October in Michigan but They only have so much room to grow. Thinking I might be done in September. But yeah at this point My gut tells me just to leave it in the tube and see what happens. I'm not expecting the biggest yield.

5. How far along are they? And do you plan on leaving them in there?

6. IMG_20160707_072321.jpg

They are just starting to bud.... and yes there are 4 plants there...

• Like Like x 1
  7. L
    looks great!

8. You can put as many plants as you want in one container.

As long ass the plants have enough soil they will be fine....

2 plants in 50 gallons mean eat one gets about 25 gallons of soil which is about 3 cuft, that's enough to grow decent size plants

10. Well I can't seem to attach a photo of my tub situation. The are not full to the top with dirt. But id say a little over half. But I was able to make it my profile pic.

11. They look great