2 plants in one 5 gallon pot?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hollapainyo, Oct 30, 2010.

1. #1 hollapainyo, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2010
    I know in normal growing situtations you would grow one plant per pot...... but I was curious since my grow room is only 3'x4' could i put two plants in one five gallon pot, fim them and scrog them. I guess what im asking is by growing two plants in one pot, would one plant kill the other one or out grow the other one?

2. Your roots will most likely get tangled.

3. Tangled or not they are going from the red plastic cups(one plant per cup) straight into the five gallon buckets so there is only one transplant. Tangled roots would only cause troubles with transplants right.

4. I have grown 4 palnts in one 8gallon tub two seperate times with complete sucess. Yes you will have tangled roots but it never effected the quality of the smoke. In my own opion you will be just fine. you will notice that one will grow fast and try to drown out the light to the other plant but from what you said that you were going to scrog so that can easily be controlled. Others may disagree which is ok but personally it worked great for me on small grows.

5. awsome darkstar i was hoping someone else had tried this and i dont wanna grow monsters ya know just 4 plants in two buckets fim and scrog them bitches and watch the even canopy lol thanks again darkstar:smoke:

6. Nothing wrong with multiples.....................same rules apply......light competition and room for roots.
    good luck peace B

7. I'm going to do something similar with 6 in one tub for veg and another tub for flowering. as soon as the rooted clones are placed into the tub they never leave... i'll simply move the whole tub, flush it, add the flowering nutes, and move it to the 12/12 screen. I've seen forests of roots cross tangled under 6 healthy plants using this method. And as you said, FIM+SCROG should allow you to control the light warriors. Good luck with your grow!

8. Here's some Ive got growing in about an 8 gal. tub, they seem to be doing fine.

Attached Files: