2 plants in an aerogarden

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wizardchad, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Simple question:

Would i yield more by maintaining 2 plants in one AG set up, or just one? Im not talking per plant but total yield.

For example if both plants give 50 grams combined vs if i just use one, i may get 40 grams...

2. Are you going to top your plants? If you are looking for yeild, I would top the hell out of one plant and let it bush out as much as it wants to. Also the longer you veg the more potential budsites you will have in the end. Good luck man.

3. Hey thanks for the input!

I suppose i should have added, I am running some extra Easyryder seeds my buddy has.

Just for fun i took out my herbs (real herbs) growing in my AG and threw in 2 seeds for shits and giggles while it grows in my kitchen. It really makes the place smell much nicer haha

Well now they are getting pretty big and i can see a lighting fight in the near future, so i am conflicted, plus their roots are tangled (lesbians...) and am not sure on the proper course of action here....

Since they are autoflower topping and vegging are sort of out of the question.

4. If they are auto-flowers, they will yeild the same no mater what you do with your AG. The only thing that effects yeild of auto-flower strains is: how many lumens of light it gets and how much space the roots have to grow. IMO I would keep both of them and LST the fuck out of them. I dont know too much about hydro/aero, but from what I do know, The roots can tangle as long as they are still a healthy white. If you encounter any root-rot, you might want to GENTLY seperate them and add some H2O2 to your res.

5. Yeah lol, i tried "gently" seperating them, and i will tell you, it would be easier to split the red sea. The roots are fine and the reason i am worried is my guy at the hydro store said that they would compete for nutes....?

I dont know if i agree with him, but he was pretty pushy about it. I figure, if the nutes are in the water and its a hydro system, it should all be equal uptake..

6. You are right on the equal uptake. I dont know much about AreoGardens, but it is basicly a res with a pump and spray bar(very small DWC). As long as the nutes are disolved in the res, the roots should be being sprayed evenly.

7. So do you think that I will be able to maintain to plants about 5 inches apart and get a decent yeild? They are indica so they are BUSHY

8. The branches can intertwine a bit, I would think you should be fine. I would personally start some LST to encourage more bud sites. It sounds like it would work well if it was properly maintained.

9. Yeah that is exactly doing with one of the plants.. Thanks for the input, i actually got to add another LST point tomorrow