2 plants from 1 seed??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frugal Rhombus, Feb 25, 2009.

1. OK so I have a seed that i germinated for 3 days and the tap root came out just fine and i planted it in fox farms soil. After 5 days in the soil it doesn't do any thing and I think the seed just died, but when i go outside on day 6 it has not one but 2 plants sprouting from the same hole in the dirt. I'm going to go take a picture now so i'll have a pic up in a few minutes

2. here they are

Attached Files:

3. The only thing i could think of is that i buried the seed too deep and it already branched off under ground but i don't think so

4. that's crazy. don't know what happened but cool.

5. Don't think that it's another mj plant. looks like those REALY small little weeds that grow everywhere but no one ever notices because they're so small. Keep us posted on its growth.

6. thats what i thought but i dug up some of the dirt next to it and it look like both stems were coming from the same place so who knows. I'll keep you posted.

7. DON'T disturb the soil around a baby sprout.

That's really interesting, the smaller sprout looks like it has its own cotyledons. That would lead me to believe this started inside the seed -- perhaps a genetic defect, a malformed embryo, or damage to the seed.

Just grow on, let us know how it goes.

8. Identical twins. Humans produce them, as do animals, why not a plant be it very rare I must say. Try a search engine 2 plants one seed

9. I have never experienced this myself, but have read in GC of a couple of occasions this happened. I believe it is the botanical equivalent of a double-yolked egg.