2 Part or 3 Part?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Sickomindo, Apr 23, 2016.

1. #1 Sickomindo, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    My first grow ever and being Hydro and running flora series the first time, I have had a heckuva time since the beginning dealing with getting to know what the plants want based on PPM's with regard to the nutrients by GH. . Im in third week of flowering I'm getting a little bit of tip Burns. I can't seem to get these girls anywhere above 700 ppm. Yet I hear so much people recommending much higher. Hell, even my grow app journal (Grolog) Has the graph recommending that ideal is much higher.

Basically what I want to ask you simply right now is do you guys recommend two part or three-part GH flora series? Also remember that's what I got and I have no choice if you had a choice which would you choose and why?
    Also any Cal mag with that? I'm getting to the point now with all my research is leading me to think in flowering not so much right now.

and what additives do you recommend?
    I have
    liquid kool bloom
    floor licious plus
    SM 90
    Cal mag
    Hydro guard
    and liquid karma.

Those are the things I got to work with not including grow, micro, and bloom, of course but if that's what you had to deal with, what soup recipe would you recommend to me and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. What you have now is very sufficient, the 3rd is usually micro nutrients, like CNS17 or GH FloraMicro. I wouldn't be to concerned about ppm levels as I rarely exceed 850 ppm's, some strains may demand more, pH readings are most important, if correct your plant will take in what it needs, hydro is ideal for this, now, also water quality should be checked, ppm's less then 200 should not be a problem, my tap runs about 75 ppm's which is figured into the total. As the plant grows it will take in what it needs, you may notice a unexpected rise in ppm's, that would be due to the plant taking up more water, which you will have to replace. Also the root mass will slowly displace water in your buckets as you get into mid to late flower., so it would be good to monitor ppm's.

3. Like mr. florista said in his message do not worry about what other people are using PPM wise. That is their plants, their lights and their set up not yours. It's way to easy to get caught up in the "other guy is doing this and using that" game. My first DWC plant liked PPM's up to 1,200 for about 1 week, my second plant hated anything over 750/800PPM. The GH 3 part GRO, MICRO and BLOOM is all you need for nutes. It is wise to have Cal/Mag if using LED's and Hydroguard for the bucket. Beyond that it is real easy for a new grower to get in over their heads with other additives without really knowing the rhyme or reason to use them. My biggest piece of advice for a new DWC grower is to use RO/DI water. While many do without it I feel you will thank yourself for it.

For what it's worth my first DWC grow(3.5 gallon bucket) I too was using GH Flora 3 part like you and just Cal/Mag as an additive. Strain was Mephisto Genetics Sour Crack. Plant was only a little over 21" tall and I pulled 1,030 grams wet/190 grams dry off of her.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app