2 oz per month

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by decayer, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Hola to everyone

I'm thinking a lot about starting a small indoors grow lately and would like your advice on a couple things.

I smoke about 2 oz per month with my buddies, so what do u think would be the ideal sized grow room and how many plants should I harvest to get this amount. I would like the grow space to be 100% stealthy if possible.

Since I haven't got much experience apart from reading (1st grow) I think the wise choice would be soil. I dont mind scrogging or lst if it will maximize yield.

Do you reckon I could achieve these results in a 77cm wide, 65cm high and 34cm deep cabinet?

Looking forward to ur replies. :smoking:

2. Pulling 2 oz a month from a 2.75 sq. ft. grow space is going to be tough. You'll probably have to work out a staggered grow of some type. One of the easiest ways to do that would be to grow auto-flowers since they use the same light schedule throughout the grow and don't take that long seed-to-harvest. The same light schedule means you can have seedlings in with flowering plants so that at any one time, you'd have, say, 3 plants growing: one almost ready to harvest, one mid-way, and one seedling. Some auto-flower strains (and growers) can yield 2 oz per plant but to achieve your goals with your space, you'll need to do everything right and and have a top-notch setup (lights, ventilation, nutes, etc.).

3. Hey johnk, thanks for the useful advice and info. Not so bad news because now I know it's possible! :)

Cfl's or hps lights for my purpose? Do I have to have seperate lights for veg and flowering or is there a universal one that will do both efficiently?

For ventilation I think I'll have 2 computer fans bringing air in and a slightly bigger one to be used as the exhaust. I plan to use ONA for odour control.

I can maybe pay up to 300 euros say on the full setup, soil and nutes.

4. I am a bit confused as to whether I'll use hps or cfl lights. What is optimal for lets say 3 plants with my place's dimensions?