2 out of 4 grows hermies!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CuteGirl, Jun 8, 2018.

1. 2 out of the 4 grows we have done have turned out to be hermaphrodites despite only buying feminised seeds.

They have all been autos on hydroponics. Starting off on a 24hr light schedule then changing to 18/6.

Are we doing something wrong or is this normal? Because it's very stressful!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is it true that a strong majority of seeds that come from a hermie will be female?

Asking because ive read this before and my current seedling was from a hermie my buddy grew

3. The chances are 50/50 for a hermie or female

Boo'sBuds Boo'sBuds Auto Blue Seedsman COB grow

4. No it's not normal for that to happen, is the plant getting to the flowering stage before herming?

Boo'sBuds Boo'sBuds Auto Blue Seedsman COB grow

• Like Like x 2
  5. ive got to say ive grown femmed seed plants for years now and never had one go hermie ,,,ive grown them from Nirvana seeds ,Big Budda seeds, Barny's seeds and Seedsman seed.Dutch Passion seeds.....even femmed seed i got from a friend who makes his own femmed seed ,,,,,,if you get hermie plants i think its usually the seed breeder who as not done his job very well ..trouble is a lot of breeders will say its the growers fault when its not .although it can be the growers fault at times through stressing plants ...try to buy if you dont already from one of the seed breeders who have been breeding for years ,,mac,

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hmm so less chance of it being male is what you're saying?

• Like Like x 1
  7. When you say hermie - do you mean they produced male pollen sacs as well as female pistils? Or do you mean that the plants threw out some nanners late in flower? There's a difference.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. A fat calyx can be mistaken for a pod. Might even have immature seeds in pods, that doesn't mean it Hermied on you. Unless you see nanners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. First, make sure they are really hermies. Swollen, seedless seed pods are normal, and look like seeds.
    Second, I'd switch breeders if they really are hermies. Breeder is the most important thing with autos.

A remote possibility is that the autos don't like the light change.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Light leaks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Good point

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. u have to be doing something wrong I've grown loads of weeds from photos to autos even my first grow never hermied

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Either that, or bad genetics.

• Like Like x 1
  14. They get MASSIVE like too big for the tent and grow forever but don't bud. They don't have male sacs just no bud

15. From what I've read I think they are hermies. They get MASSIVE like too big for the tent and grow forever but never bud? No male sacs or anything just no bud

16. We don't think there are as the tent is all done up etc and it's in a room with the window covered up and door shut.

Also does light leaks make a difference for autos as they should just go into the flower stage automatically even with 24hr light? The only reason we put light on 18/6 is to save electricity.

17. I'm confused. If you have no male sacs and no bud, then how did you determine they were hermies? Are you sure you have autos? They sound like photos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Im only a beginner so have just been reading about them. The last time it happened we left them to grow forever and they just got bigger and bigger without any bud?
    Weve not left it so long this time but they look the same and are way past the point at which there should be bud.
    Maybe they aren't hermies but they are fucked up :( can't work out what we are doing wrong

19. They're not fucked up - they're photos not autos. Change your light schedule to 12/12.