2 in 1 grow tent in coco

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by MyStonerName, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Hey guys,
    Well, it's that time to start a grow again. This time around I decided not to ghetto rig everything like my last grows. My last plants looked like complete shit and did not yield to much at all. So I put about $300ish and bought some equipment, minus good genetics, that I thought could help me get a better end product.
    So B.S aside now this is what I got.
    The tent is a two in one veg and flower tent from LAGarden. I'm kinda pissed at them because them forgot a corner piece so I had to rig it. It measures 35 x 24 x 53 I'm also bummed that it's not completely light proof from the veg chamber so I'm gunna have to fix that. Here's the tent
    [​IMG]

I got this 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter. This thing is powerful and really sucks the tent up tight. It's pretty loud so I'm glad I bought a speed controller for it.
    [​IMG]

I bought this Coco because it was a super good deal and had good reviews
    [​IMG]

I also got a Mars hydro 300w for lighting along with a shit ton of CFLs in both spectrums.

I also bought general hydroponics hard water micro and bloom and also powder koolbloom since I will be doing Lucas formula. I already have pH up and down with liquid pH drops for reading.

I started a plant a little under a month ago and it looks better now but it did look like shit. It was started in soil, miracle grow seedling mix, I pulled it out and took off all the dirt from the roots and transplanted to coco.
    Then I had three dark brown bag seeds that all I out in jiffy pellets. Those all are popped and one light green seed that I'm hoping will pop because it came from a bag of girl scout cookies. Along with two cutting in jiffy pellets as well. All these seeds and cuttings are in a humidity dome, up side down clear tote.

Here's a picture
    [​IMG]

Any and all input is welcomed!

Thanks guys.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. Everything is nice, I will take my seat:D Hope you happy growing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Every thing is looking awesome so far. I keep the pH between 5 and 6 and have been alternating feeding with feed feed water. Lots of new growth and the little beans are getting bigger and bigger every day

20170312_161054.jpg 20170312_160912.jpg
    This is a couple days ago but now the seedlings are about 2-3 inches tall. And I keep trying down the bigger plant.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snapchat-1904993065.jpg Snapchat-789367138.jpg Snapchat-2104289461.jpg Here a lil update. The biggest plant is a lil droopy but other then that things look okay.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Looking good bro... What lights are you using?

6. I got mine going on here My high altitude indoor grow this is my first grow where I'm starting feel alittle comfortable with my style but still trying new things. Let me know if you see anything I could do better and vice versa... Best way to learn.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Looks great.
    I really like the tent and design for my veg and clone station.

8. Yeah tents are amazing help for sure... I have a huge gorilla but I dropped it before this harvest and just dedicated the room to closed environment... Wow was that hard to get perfect... I had to get an autopilot.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm using the Mars hydro 300w with some added CFL bulbs

• Like Like x 1
  10. Danggggg I just looked at the tent. I didn't they had those. Soooooo dope

11. It's good for the most part. It's a flower and veg tent but I need to light proof the separation a little better. Little pin holes of light come through where it velcros together. Shouldn't be to hard with some reflective duct tape. Another problem is it's hard to vent it out with one duct fan and one carbon filter. I need to find a better way and I need to stop putting it off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's a pretty dope idea. I wish it was a tad better and more companies made them.

13. Yeah for sure the duct tape is a good idea maybe a layer of orca or mylar over that wall... Veg shouldn't need a filter... Can you put a little desk fan in one of the vent holes pushing air out of the veg section

• Like Like x 2
  14. There's no filter in the veg. But I need the duct fan cuz of heat

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. He's a little update. I'm about to go to flower soon.
    First coco grow has been good so far. I needs drip system so I don't have to keep watering all the time. The only problem I've had was pH related but all good now.

Snapchat-235883216.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Going to top em?

17. No. Going to put a screen on top and wait about another week or two to switch to flower.

18. A scrog? I'm sorry I don't mean to come across like I'm judging your methods, it was my understanding that scrog was for topped plants to even and support the canopy?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yeah i could top and I did top one plant a while back. I have 5 more regular seedsman white widow seeds that are germinating right now that are going to need space eventually.
    I'm basically using the screen to keep a more even canopy after stretch. May not be a hundred percent filled in scrog but I don't have the time to wait either.

• Like Like x 1