2 HLG260 V2 or 1 HLG 550 V2

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by OGKushGang, May 22, 2019.

1. #1 OGKushGang, May 22, 2019
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    What's up GC, hope everyone is doing well.

I was looking for advice on which setup would be better for my 4x4 or 5x5 tent. This is going to be my first indoor grow and I plan to grow 6 plants (CA Maximum Limit) for the first grow and then switch to a 2 veg / 4 flower or a 4 veg / 2 flower grow for faster harvesting time.

This leads into my lighting question: would I be better with 2 HLG 260's (QB288 V2) or 1 HLG 550 V2? I would get the HLG 260's pre-built by Growers Lights or order the HLG 550 V2 from LED.
    HLG 260 V2: Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit V2
    HLG 550 V2: Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 550 V2 Full-Spectrum 480W Quantum Board LED Grow Light

HLG 260 V2 (x2) Pros:
    • More surface area - Potential to run cooler than 1 HLG 550 - Cheaper - Technically more wattage ? (not too sure) - Lighting is adjustable just like the HLG 550.
    HLG 260 V2 (x2) Cons:
    • It's a DIY kit, thus will require some work. But I will be ordering it pre-assembled from GL -
    HLG 550 V2 Pros:
    • Not DIY - More reviews on them versus 2 HLG 260s
    HLG 550 V2 Cons:
    • More Expensive.

All advice and tips are welcomed! Thank you guys very much. Looking forward for my first indoor grow.

2. I ordered the kit in the beginning also.
    Very easy to assemble I mean beginner level diy easy so there's that and also why not buy from Hlg?
    Don't forget the R-spec

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well, I don't mind paying $25 to have it pre-assembled. The reason I'm buying from Grower Lights (Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit V2) is because I can get it pre-assembled versus from HLG, they don't offer that option. On top of that, GL is an authorized dealer for HLG, thus I should get the same warranty as if I ordered directly from HLG. And R-Spec? I'm not sure what R-Spec is, but I saw they have a 260 version of it. I was going to get the original (QB288 V2 with the LM301B LED's) as I don't what R-Spec does.

4. R-spec is the newest version of these boards. It has added red spectrum, which is where these lights are headed a lot of us have added red supplemental lighting these have some built in .
    Also Growerslights.com is legit I've done business with them.
    Again the assembly of these kits is very simple.
    That being said I get it the diy led world looks intimidating from the outside.
    I found that I really enjoyed building my lights and it gives me even more of a connection to my grow

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ahh I just looked it up. Thank you for the description. I noticed it says it is "3500K 660nm Deep Red". Will 3500k be good for full cycle grow (seed to harvest)? I know 3000K is good for full cycle while 4000k is good for veg.

I watched a video on wiring up the 260W. It doesn't look difficult, don't get me wrong. But I rather have the company wire it for me so I know it won't mess up. And if it does mess up, it's on their wiring job, not me. Regardless though, if needed, I will DIY wire myself.

I'm assuming the R-Spec is now the better version of the V2?

Thank you for the advice and help!

6. Yes that's what its marketed as Seed to harvest its basicly the same color as the 96elites they are very popular and used full cycle.
    Yes the R-spec is the latest version and I would have to have it. Lol
    But really you cant go wrong with any of hlg products

7. Sounds good. I appreciate the advice. I will be looking at getting either 2 HLG 260 V2 R-Spec or 1 HLG 550 V2 R-Spec. Hopefully this should be fine for 4-6 plants in a 4x4 or 5x5. Thank you!

8. Check SP250, two pcs can cover 4x4 well.