2 Guys 1 Plant

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by CloudationKing, Jun 20, 2016.

1. #1 CloudationKing, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Hey grasspeople started first grow this year just 2 Guys guys growing 1 plant tips and advice is appreciated!

When should we start training her and what method is best.
    Organic soil using schultz 10-15-10 nutes she's bout a month

Attached Files:

2. I would go ahead and put a tomato cage around that plant. It's not getting enough sun so it's stretched pretty tall and with all the weight of the foliage up top, as it grows and gets heavier, it could easily fall over. I would top the plant. Actually, it should've already been topped before now, but cutting the top out of it will make it bush some more instead of just running straight up. It's got really wide nodal spacing so it's going to be tall and lanky naturally, so just go ahead now and give it the support. Make sure where you've got it planted that it's getting good drainage. But overall, the plant looks really healthy at this point. They are so much easier to grow outside and if you've been blessed with naturally rich soil, like you guys obviously have, you don't need a bunch of extra nutes poured on it. The soil will do the majority of the feeding for you and as long as it is the correct coloring and you don't see anything strange going on with it, I'd leave it alone. When you do give nutes, basically plant food, be sure to give a weaker than recommended dose to begin with...like maybe 1/4 of what they say. You can always give more, but if you put too much in and burn the plant because of it, it's done. I think it's mostly just a ploy to sell more of the stuff if you ask me, and I've found that growing both outdoor and indoor, I don't need near what they suggest I give to get nice plants with beautiful buds. Light is much more important than nutes anyway and the more light your plant gets, the better harvest you'll end up with. Looking good so far. Keep up the good work! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will do with the tomato cage and its been recieving full strength nutes will switch to 1/4 strength what do you recommend draining it with thanks for the reply

4. Can you also explain how you top your plants you seem like you know what you're doing @The Widow White White

5. Sorry, just now saw this. But topping a plant is just cutting the top out of it. This will take one stem and cause it to make two and create more bud sites on your plant. We generally do this 2 or 3 times during the time the plant is coming up in the veg stage to get all the bud sites we can on one plant. The foliage under the tops is always what suffers from lack of lighting. We flower with 4, 1000 watt hps fixtures per room so we get good development throughout the plant...growing mostly hybrid sativas. But when you get into some of the indica strains that have very tight node spacing, unless you have the strength and quality of light you need, you won't get much development below the tops at all. So having more bud sites at the top just gives you more good buds at harvest if you have less than stellar lighting or less than what your plant needs or could use. I'm sure there are tons of threads on here talking about topping your plant and they call it several fancy names, but it's just pinching buds off to cause the shoot to split into 2. Again, sorry I took so long to get back to you. TWW

6. Correct do you think lst would benefit it too or should I just stick to topping planning on doing it twice for 4 main colas am I correct?

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Also will the plant get big and bushy allowing for less light to penetrate the bottom colas I was planning on pruning all the leaves off the bottom and have just the 4 main colas

8. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hey quick update, it's been 5 days since I topped then let me know how it's looking!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. #12 CloudationKing, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Its insane how we threw the seed on top of the soil and it germinated.Next year we are going to buy feminized seeds. This is from bagseed. We have our tomato plants,zucchini cucumbers strawberries, peas,that we have every year. Is it ok that their growing around the cannabis plant. The soil is organic and made from compost and a lot of organic fertilizers

• Like Like x 1
  10. Definitely an exciting ordeal this plant looks great should be a good yield especial since the cost was ZERO! awesome job guys

11. Thanks for the reply more pics to come

12. Shes starting to get tiny little hairs does this mean its a female? [​IMG]

I still think it's too early for it to start flowering yet please respond

13. More pics she's trimmed a little on the bottom what else should be trimmed [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Shouldnt matter that its in your regular garden. And u only wanna defoliate old yellowing leaves id leave it alone other then that

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've always heard that removing bottom leaves from the bottom that don't receive much light will promote growth for the bud on top because they wont be taking up nutrients