2 Grand daddy kush clones, Nor Cal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Puma, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Heres a journal for me and my friend who got two grand daddy kush clones the other day. We got them in a super ghetto cardboard box for now, 4 26watt 6500k cfls right now. This is just temporary and the box and stuff are probably going to change after thanksgiving. Probably going to just veg these for a while then flower maybe in january.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have them in small like 1 gallon pots with Fox farms ocean forest soil. Dont plan on feeding veg nutes for a while because fox farms should have enough for a few weeks. I'll try and get pictures up often.

2. how you gonna grow? how big is your future home for them?
    i recommend LST maybe scrog if possible...
    get yourself a drainage setup for you dont have to worry bout it later like me.

oh, and closer the lights the less they will stretch... get a fan to cool them off

3. #3 mynameiswho, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010
    So the plant on the left is mine, but ill answer your questions for puma whos journal this is.

Right now we plan to keep these two plants in the box with the cfls. Hes getting a 4x4x6 or 6x6x10 grow tent pretty soon so around january when we come back he will move his plant over to that tent and use it for clones to start a larger grow.

Im currently growing a Grand daddy purple thats into its 2nd week of flower, should be done part way into january. Im getting a 150watt hps for christmas from my girlfriend and i plan to buy a 2x2x4 tent for my own personal use. Ill be moving my clones from this box into that new tent and plan to flower that by itself after taking some clones. Ill then veg those clones in my original grow box while the mother flowers, then switch the clones immediatly to flower when that one finishes. goal is to get 2 solid harvests in between january and june

also in terms of our set up and plans for these 2 clones at the moment, probably going to just top them. Im currently scroging my GDP so scrog may be an option for me, i dont think puma plans to do that though, like i said he wants this to be his mother at least temporary.

We currently have both pots on top of a tray to catch runoff, hard to see in the picture. The lights aren't too far away from the plant and we do have a fan blowing into the box which somehow keeps the temperature pretty nice and also gives the plants a little movement.

4. do you know your ventilation for the grow tents? best to fugue that out before hand ;) ...

5. HTML:

not so much for this box because its some what temporary until after thanksgiving when we can get some more supplies, puma is not a first time grower and has had several successful harvests both indoor and outdoor. He has stuff back in his hometown that he plans to bring up here from some of his older grows.

As far as ventilation goes, I'm not really sure of his plans for his tent but im sure he'll post up soon and explain it all.

As for my tent, if i get one, im going to get an inline fan. I'm basically going to copy this one guys 150watt setup so im not worried considering how successful his tent was.

6. Based on these pictures, I can see this is your first grow. Although I find it promising that the art of growing is practiced by so many inexperienced people, this "super ghetto" setup simply doesn't cut it. I've grown cannabis since the early 70's, and even then my grows weren't of such low quality. I suggest you start over.

7. interesting first post, read the journal and youll see this isnt a first time grow, the box is temporary, and the clones are in good health and growing since we got them.

They have light that is close to them, theyre in good soil, theyre in pots that are an adequate size for their age, there is good airflow, temperatures are under control and like i said they have a little new growth since we got them. Hmmmmmm:confused::confused::confused:

8. While I admire your vague attempt at cultivation, I suggest you do a little resarch before continuing. I looked at your other grow journal, and let's face it that plant is pretty unhealthy as well. Nothing against you, but try to talk to a real grower to get some advice on restarting your setup.

9. Lol my plant is unhealthy?? They must have good trees where you're from because you're high

10. #10 High as Space, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010

ok sounds good... looks like they might need fed?? go with a low does of nutes. maybe 1/2 to 1/4

here (defferent from pic below) is what my plants looked like after a heat problem. temps were 90-100 when i took this pic, right after that i fixed it to keep it 75-85. after i fixed that they are starting to look real good. check it out.

[​IMG]

im running a tent as well... 400w inline fan + carbon filter... no intake...
    temps are a little high cause if the light i chose... itll work... just gotta get a drainage setup

Edit: sorry if this doesnt make sense im high as space and was looking at 2 journals and made a combined response for 1 :p :smoke: :bongin:

11. Kinda harsh dude. Whats with the supperiority thing you got going auckland. We are not in europe, things are done a little dif here.

Keep on going myname

12. Yeah it's pretty dank considering I can grow real weed, not schwag.

13. care to share some pictures of your grows? You talk pretty immature for someone who has been growing since the early 70's. Lets see that puts you at at least 50+ years of age. Pretty mature attitude for a 50+ year old man dont you think? Please stop posting here, your input is not appreciated.

14. Calm down and pack a mole bowl gangsta

15. Where do you think new zealand is?

16. just went up to my place at school where these girls are at and watered them. We'll try and get a picture update on sunday. They have grown a lot minus a small burn from a light accidentally falling on my clone for a few minutes so that particular one is slightly stunted. Otherwise growth is good, not stretched at all surprisingly.

Also have a snow cap and master kush seedling in there, both are hardly out of the soil, hopefully they will get some good growth after the hefty watering i gave everything since they were left unattended for a few days due to thanksgiving break.

17. Update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the brand new seedlings are all bag seed

The two larger seedlings are a master kush and snow cap bag seed from a local dispensary.

One clone is slightly stunted due to a light falling on it within the 1st week. No problems since. Both clones were topped last night and trained