2 computer fans with carbon filter?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vortex93, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Hey GC,

I know this has probably been asked a lot of times but i searched and couldn't find my answer.

So basically If i have a grow tent (still dont no the size yet and im building it myself) and put 2 80MM 2000 RPM and 26 CFM in the exhaust will that be able to go through a carbon filter?

I plan to put on pushing out and one on the other side pulling out. I heard that you can't use computer fans with a carbon filter but i find it hard to believe all the stealth growers out there can afford and inline fan since they seem to go for 100+.

So will it work? and if not what are my low budget options other than ONA gel (I already know about that :) )

2. Check on amazon there is this really dope tent i just got for like 170 and its with mylar is pretty good and prolly cheaper and easier than making one. (for the part about your growtent)

For the fan part your best bet is two go to home depot and buy two industrial ones (about 30 bucks total) place one on the entrance to suck, the other on the exhaust and you can attach teh carbon filter on the outside or on the inside.

3. you can find inline fans at home depot for like 20$... all you have to do is be able to wire them correctly which you can look up on google if you do not understand

4. Those inline duct boosters are ineffective...so many people say.

5. I'm using a 260cfm 6" inline ducting fan and it works good I have it wired up to a light dimmer to control the speed, no humming noise from fan or dimmer paid 25$ on eBay