1st timer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Druce, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Hey I started to grow a plant its growing now its been about a week since it sprouted and I only have a house lamp giving it only 40 watts lol will it still grow and bud? Help plz

2. doubt it. is it a compact flouro?

3. I have a similar set up, but i have one 80w bulb and one 60w bulb making 140w over two plants. They are still in humidity domes, it seems like its gunna work. If not i wont even be upset ill take off all the leaves and dry them and hang them up haha

4. No you won't be able to bud under that.

5. Yea i agree i dont think it will bud under 40w. You can find a relatively cheap grow light online maybe even in a plant store or home depot.

6. I'll just go buy a heat lamp from pet smart what kind do u guys recomend ?

7. ^ More research required. All you will do is cook your plant with a heat lamp. Check out the lighting section. Read, read, and read some more. Then come back with questions if you still don't know.

8. Well their are different types for ways ppl grow and what lights they use that's y I'm asking for ppl that have already grown before help and tell me a similar light they or whoever grew used.

9. In my opinion HID is the only way to go. I use an 8 bulb T5 for seeds, and clones, but then veg, and flower under MH/HPS

10. If your a first timer just go with cfl they are cheaper than t5. You want at the least 100 watts for one plant and 50 watts for each additional plant.

11. Ok thanks guys ill let u know how it comes out

12. #12 Bigdad, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    And that's about the minimum light that you need, I'm doing OK? with 170w per plant (4-42 on 3 y splitters) but I'm just waiting until I can afford better lighting. I'm getting 2oz per plant, every 8 weeks.

Attached Files: